Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

how to make "Assign To" a required field...

I did some searching and came across this posting on how to make the "Assign To" in the form required.

http://osticket.com/forums/archive/i...hp/t-6153.html

I tried to apply the code that is here but now I am getting an error message. below is where and how I added the code as per the above posting. did I do something wrong? also I would like to know how to add the red * next to the Assign To field showing that it is required.

function create_by_staff($var,&$errors) {
global $_FILES,$thisuser,$cfg;

//check if the staff is allowed to create tickets.
if(!$thisuser || !$thisuser->getId() || !$thisuser->isStaff() || !$thisuser->canCreateTickets())
$errors['err']='Permission denied';

if(!$var['issue'])
$errors['issue']='Summary of the issue required';
if(!$var['staffId'])
$errors['staffId']='Staff required';
if($var['source'] && !in_array(strtolower($var['source']),array('email','phone','other')))
$errors['source']='Invalid source - '.Format::htmlchars($var['source']);

$var['emailId']=0;//clean crap.
$var['message']='Ticket created by staff';

Comments

• Please don't cross post.

Are you using 1.7ST? Those directions are for 1.6ST.
  • I have not updated to 1.7. the reason I crossed posted is I am not getting any reviews or comments. I need some help.
  • wow no one has any help on this? where what should I do next?
  • Moved thread to 1.6 MOD section. This is not a installation or configuration topic. You are requesting a modification that will change the base behavior of an old version. I would be very surprised if you got a good response.