Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Request For Information

Hi All,

I am new to this tool. As the name defines that it is support management and tracking tool; it is something I would like to use and learn. As per the demonstration video available; the customer will have to open a ticket and then the team should follow up.

What I would like to understand is can it be possible; when the customer sends an email to the registered address configured on the osTicket tool; an auto email is generated with a new ticket number. An email is also sent to the other staff emails for the resolution of the same.

Can this be possible?

Best Regards.

Comments

• osTicket has a number of ways that tickets can be opened.

Clients can go to a web page and open one.
    Clients can email a specific email address that you setup in osTicket and open one.
    Staff can go to a webpage and open one.
  • Thank you

Hi Ntozier,

Thank you for your email. I am a new user for this tool. I was trying to setup the email which was not difficult. But on the System logs I am receiving an error for the email as defined below:

Mailer Error

Unable to email via SMTP:smtp.acomp.com:25 [brijesh.keni@acomp.com]

Failed to add recipient: [email]myname@yahoo.com[/email] [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 554, response: 5.7.1 : Relay access denied)]

Thank you for your help
    Best Regards,
    Brijesh Keni
  • Your mail server is saying that it will not accept email for people outside of its control (aka relaying). You should talk to your email server admin or hosting provider to see what (if any) mechanisms [such as SMTP Auth] that they utilize to get around this.
  • Thank you for your support

hi Ntozier,

thank you for your valued support.
    it was an issue with the mail server. it is working now and also can send the test email. furthermore, i was trying test if I am receiving a new ticket automatically if I send an email to the registered support email on the OSticket system but unfortunately i did not receive any.

I have set up the cron job on the scheduled task as how you have suggested in the thread below
    http://osticket.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4506.html

Can you please advise if I am missing anything more.
    1. when i am creating the ticket through portal, I can see the ticket is being assigned on the staff panel. but the email is not sent back to the person
    2. when i am sending an email to the registered email address at the OSticket tool; the ticket is created at the dashboard but an email is not sent to the person.

Best Regards.