Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Post Attachment Link in E-mail

When a new ticket is opened from the client side, they have the ability to attach a file (In my case, a screen shot of the problem)

Rather than expecting the complete file to be E-mailed to every member in the department, a link to the file would be ideal.

Is there a way to send a link in the new ticket E-mail that allows the reader of the E-mail to click and instantly view the uploaded file hosted on the server?

If not, E-mailing the file itself would work. Figuring it would not be easier to send the file to everyone and use up space in my Exchange, I wanted to find out if maybe it's easier to post the URL to the E-mail so each reader can see the attachment/screen shot?

Comments

• You cannot currently email a link to the file or email ticket attachments in the way that you are describing. Even with a link the staff would still have to log in to be able to view the file.
  • ntozier;42141 said:
    You cannot currently email a link to the file or email ticket attachments in the way that you are describing. Even with a link the staff would still have to log in to be able to view the file.
    The link is viewable with or without logging in, it simply points to a directory (Upload) that is read/write by anyone.

It would be a nice feature and judging by the search results, people a few years ago would have liked it too.

Thanks
  • .... There is no file URL that is viewable with out logging in. File attachments are stored in the database.

Unless of course your not using 1.7ST and posted this in the wrong section of the forums. Your statement isn't particularly true about 1.6ST either if your web server is configured correctly.
  • ntozier;42326 said:
    .... There is no file URL that is viewable with out logging in. File attachments are stored in the database.

Unless of course your not using 1.7ST and posted this in the wrong section of the forums. Your statement isn't particularly true about 1.6ST either if your web server is configured correctly.
    The file is uploaded to a folder within my server, it isn't somehow embedded in the database. I am looking at the file sitting right here in the folder that I had to specify for it to upload in, and I can see it at home or work without logging into osTicket. :eek:
  • Then you aren't using osTicket 1.7ST, and your web server is configured insecurely. Moving thread to 1.6 section of the forums.