Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

installation

Hi,
Can anyone help me in below concerns?
1) I want to study the ticket flow by looking at the source code and mysql structure.I have downloaded the source code of this osTicket.Will this code help me in reaching my goal ( i.e study code and mysql structure)

2) And once downloaded , can i install this script on local machine i.e windows server ?

3) Any information to study these kind of projects considering the technical aspect?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Vijay Ahire

Comments

• 1. minorly... but only if your a programmer and know php and mysql. You would probably be better served installing it yourself and playing with it.

2. Yes, but you would also have to install the pre-requisites. (a web server, php, mysql)

3. I'm not real sure what you are asking.
  • Hi ntozier,

1) I do know php /mysql .

2) My machine has xampp.So apache is installed.

3) I want to study the flow of the support ticket software.Study on the level of code and mysql structure.I mean to get clear idea of the code flow.

To br precise , i want to achieve third point by installing isticket script on windows machine .Please guide me for the same.

Note: I tried installing on windows PC.At first stage only it gave me error when i filled mysql details.It did not accepted blank password.

Please guide me for the same since i am very much new to this software.
  • You need to setup your DB and DB User first. You cannot use a blank password.

More instructions can be found here: http://osticket.com/wiki/Installation