Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Drop all data from install.

How do I drop all data from my test install of OS ticket 1.7 ?

I want to zero it before putting it to live.

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• You would need to use something like SequelPro, phpMyAdmin, or just the MySQL command line to delete all data regarding the tickets.
  • jccrofty30;45119 said:
    You would need to use something like SequelPro, phpMyAdmin, or just the MySQL command line to delete all data regarding the tickets.
    Yep...... but as I don't know the db structure well at all I thought someone on here would be able to guide me. I've deleted the tickets from the admin console, but things like the Dashboard still contain data. How do I get rid of it all as if it was a new install.
  • Should be something along the lines of:
    DELETE FROM ost_ticket_thread WHERE ticket_id<[I]'current highest ticket_id[/I];

DELETE FROM ost_ticket_event WHERE ticket_id<[I]'current highest ticket_id[/I];

DELETE FROM ost_ticket WHERE ticket_id<[I]'current highest ticket_id[/I];

DELETE FROM ost_ticket_attachment WHERE ticket_id<[I]'current highest ticket_id[/I];

Though I believe you only have to empty the ost_ticket_event to reset Dashboard.

I haven't tested all of these, but they should have something from you testing.

I believe the solution is also somewhere else in the threads.
  • That did the trick nicely, thanks guys.
  • No problem, glad it worked for you.
  • It didnt work for me, after I deleted everything from ost_ticket_event, the dashboard showed NaN on y axis and still statistics not cleared out. though I deleted all tickets.

I'm using osticket 1.8.0.1
  • I just ran "truncate table ost_ticket_event" on my test bed checked the dashboard and it is empty.  I then closed a ticket and rechecked the dashboard, and the 1 closed is there.  How did you "delete everything"?  Did you do anything AFTER you reset it?