Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Test ticket created but not able to see

Hi,

I installed 1.7.1.4 yesterday and today when I tried to create ticket for testing then I got following message after creation of ticket. When I am trying to see new ticket from staff panel then there is no new ticket showing. Any one guide me to solve this mystery.

gitesh,

Thank you for contacting us.

A support ticket request #XXXXXX has been created and a representative will be getting back to you shortly if necessary.

Support Team

After above scenario, I got mail at client level and admin both. From client portal, I am able to see new created tickets but from staff panel/admin panel I am not seeing any new ticket.

Comments

• Make sure that your account has the proper privileges to view the tickets of he department that the ticket has been assigned to.
  • ntozier;45378 said:
    Make sure that your account has the proper privileges to view the tickets of he department that the ticket has been assigned to.
    @Ntozier, How to provide proper privileges? Without privileges, from admin panel we cannot see any new ticket?
  • Staff accounts have both an assigned group and assigned department. Both of these indicate which tickets a user has access to see/edit/update/close/etc. You can see what group and department your account is assigned to by going to:

admin panel -> staff -> staff members -> your account

Look at Assigned Group and Primary Department.

You can then go to:

admin panel -> Staff -> departments -> your accounts department

see the Department section (which has check boxes)

admin panel -> Staff -> groups -> your accounts group

• ntozier;45386 said:
    Staff accounts have both an assigned group and assigned department. Both of these indicate which tickets a user has access to see/edit/update/close/etc. You can see what group and department your account is assigned to by going to:

admin panel -> staff -> staff members -> your account

Look at Assigned Group and Primary Department.

You can then go to:

admin panel -> Staff -> departments -> your accounts department

admin panel -> Staff -> groups -> your accounts group

Yes. It is working. Thanks for great guidance. Could you tell me how to assign multiple groups or department to staff?
  • edited October 2013
    Staff can only be a member of one Department or Group. Groups however, can have access to multiple Departments.

To Select a Group for a Staff:
    Admin Panel -> Staff -> Selected Staff -> Assigned Group:

To Select a Group's Department Access:
    Admin Panel -> Staff -> Groups -> Selected Group -> Department Access -> Check all desired Departments