Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Can't Change the email address the user receives

Hi there,

I've had to update my email addresses, I've done that successfully.

When I elect to have the system email me a message when there is a new ticket, the new email address I wanted displays.

However, in testing, the OLD email address is displayed in the email the user gets.

I can't find any traces of the old email address anywhere in the config files or on the admin preferences page.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

Comments

• I just wanted to make sure, but you are looking on the page with 'System Preferences and Settings' under 'Email Settings'?
  • Hi Dack, what I did is upgrade to the newest version which is much better, plus the date works :-)

Thanks
    Michelle
  • michelleg;400 said:
    Hi there,

I've had to update my email addresses, I've done that successfully.

When I elect to have the system email me a message when there is a new ticket, the new email address I wanted displays.

However, in testing, the OLD email address is displayed in the email the user gets.

I can't find any traces of the old email address anywhere in the config files or on the admin preferences page.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Michelle
    Hi Michelle,

just a question, did you also check your database for the old emailaddress? Maybe it is still in there somewhere.
  • Is your old email address also the default address on the server?
  • Now that I think about it, it's probably the default, but I don't know how to change the default address.

Any suggestions on howto do this?

Michelle
  • I'm not sure how to do it, I think it depends on the type of server. What kind of server do you have?