Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Default Timezone issue

Hello,

I installed osTicket 1.6 RC2. It is not allowing me to change the TimeZone to GMT 5.5 (Bombay....). Everytime I set it, it changes it to GMT 6 (Almaty...). Consequently it shows wrong time (half hour ahead).

Thanks
Amal

Comments

• amsharma;457 said:
    Hello,

I installed osTicket 1.6 RC2. It is not allowing me to change the TimeZone to GMT 5.5 (Bombay....). Everytime I set it, it changes it to GMT 6 (Almaty...). Consequently it shows wrong time (half hour ahead).

Thanks
    Amal
    Hi Amal,

I have the same problem when I try it. The config table in the database contains a field 'timezone_offset' which is of the type integer. When the system wants to store 5.5 it automaticly makes it 6.

I will see what can be done to solve this.
  • I changed the field type to float and now I can set it to 5.5

The only thing is that I'm not sure if this change of field type will give any problems.

Maybe Peter knows this.
  • 4ice;461 said:
    I changed the field type to float and now I can set it to 5.5

The only thing is that I'm not sure if this change of field type will give any problems.

Maybe Peter knows this.
    Thanks. It shouldn't affect anything else. I will update the schema to reflect the change.
  • Offset not working

I have my default timezone set to -5 but the times are showing up in the Staff panel as GMT.

Where do I check the value (which table in the database?)

thanks

JMP
  • You can find it in the [prefix]_config table (where [prefix] is off course your own table prefix).

But remember that each user can set it's own time zone under "My Preferences"