Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Staff Access to more than one dept

OK I have created 2 depts. and 3 user groups. I some staff members to be able to see tickets for one dept and other staff members to see the other dept.

I would also like to have some staff that can see both.

So I have dept 1, dept 2. And I have group 1 in dept 1, group 2 in dept 2 and group 3 in dept 1 but I have the boxes checked to allow them to see the other depts.

Staff in this group cant see either. If I change the dept and group to one or the other they can see them.

Im sure I am doing something wrong but I am just no seeing it.

Thanks
Jason

Comments

• Am I Just asking my question wrong, or is this just not possible?
  • jason;479 said:
    Am I Just asking my question wrong, or is this just not possible?
    I am not surprised that you are the ONLY one having problems with dept access. I hate to say I told you so...see http://osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60
  • HA. Peter you are absolutely right.

Thanks
  • This does bring back the error now that I was getting before, If a staff member is in only one dept. then there is an extra comma in the sql call.

To fix this for now i added a 0 in front of the implode() on line 66. But again this does not fix the root of the problem. Which is that a blank $dept contains a empty space.

print_r($depts)
    returns something like "0=> 1=>4". Im not sure why this is.

If I am the only one having this problem then it is probably not worth looking into though.

Jason