Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Osticket emailing help

i got it all setup but when i open a ticket it says it has sent it too [email]jim2557@hotmail.com[/email] with the ticket id but i never get the email and im using my isp email server host for it i have no idea whats wrong with it id pay someone 30$ if they could fix it i need some help on this.

Comments

• Have you tried a simple mail script to make sure that the php mail() function is working?

test.php
    PHP Code:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    if(mail(\"recipient@abc.com\",\"subject\",\"body\",\"From: [email]from@abc.com[/email]\"))
    echo \"email sent\";
    else
    echo \"email failed\";
    ?>

Upload it to your server and open up the file through a browser. What happens?
  • this is what i get when goin to test.php

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\AC Web Ultimate Repack\Server\htdocs\test.php on line 2
    email failed
  • Do you have access to your php.ini file?
  • yes i do have access to my php_ini file
  • in php.ini theres a mail section. you need to setup the smtp and smtp_port in there. Make sure you restart after you set it.