Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Messages not being deleted from mailbox *FIX*

Open /include/class.ticket.php and locate line 1010 there are 2 errors on that line

The word vacation is misspelled as 'vavaion', and toward the end of the line the part that reads '$dept->getDeptId' should read '$dept->getId'

Correct those 2 issues and the emails will begin to be deleted once they are added to the tickets database by the autocron.

On another note:

I am also experiencing a problem which I have had no luck tracking down where the cron job does not retrieve the emailed tickets. I have added it to my crontab to run every 15 minutes, but when I manually run it from the command line, nothing happens and I am instantly returned to the command prompt. I've looked through the forums here and then the source code and not been able to find the cause. Anyone having similar issues, or am I overlooking something obvious?

Best,
-Drewbie

Comments

  • Hi Drewbie,

    You are indeed right about these errors. gbh1935 and Peter discovered this last week as well (see http://www.osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135&highlight=vacation+misspelled).

    About your cron problem, you are using RC2 right?
    drewbie;704 said:
    Open /include/class.ticket.php and locate line 1010 there are 2 errors on that line

    The word vacation is misspelled as 'vavaion', and toward the end of the line the part that reads '$dept->getDeptId' should read '$dept->getId'

    Correct those 2 issues and the emails will begin to be deleted once they are added to the tickets database by the autocron.

    On another note:

    I am also experiencing a problem which I have had no luck tracking down where the cron job does not retrieve the emailed tickets. I have added it to my crontab to run every 15 minutes, but when I manually run it from the command line, nothing happens and I am instantly returned to the command prompt. I've looked through the forums here and then the source code and not been able to find the cause. Anyone having similar issues, or am I overlooking something obvious?

    Best,
    -Drewbie
  • Nevermind. I just discovered my issue. If you have "Enable cron call on staff's activity" checked under Admin Panel then Settings then General settings, the cron job (api/cron.php) does nothing when it runs.

    Feedback for development team: consider changing the 'scp/cron.php' file to 'scp/autocron.php' as having 2 files with the same name is kind of confusing and consider adding a bold red warning next to "Enable cron call on staff's activity" that says it will make the 'api/cron.php' non-functional.
  • Ah-ha! I must have missed that post. Thanks for the heads up!
  • I'm glad you sorted it out.

    Thanks for the feedback.
  • 4ice;708 said:
    I'm glad you sorted it out.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    No prob, glad to help out.

    Also, I realized that I was mistaken, something I had tried earlier and forgotten about was actually what fixed 'api/cron.php' (More Detail)
Sign In or Register to comment.