Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Setting Default Department

First Let me say thank you for the Wiki and Forums beacuse I was able to setup 1.6 RC2 without having to ask any thing.... until now.

1. How do you change which department the "new ticket" option gets sent to?

Example: I want to create a Maintenance Deparment and an IT Department.
There is no way from the "new ticket" screen to specify WHO recieves the ticket.

2. How do I CHANGE the default Dept (in Admin panel)

Example: I left the Support Department that came with the software be, and created the Maintenance and IT Departments, I created staff and all for both departments and set them all up. Since I cant figure out how to make sure the incomming new tickets go to the right place (see question 1 above) is there any way to change the "Default" department that tickets go to?

Thanks

Comments

• #1: I assume you mean when a client uses "new ticket" and not the staff? Because the staff can select a department when creating a ticket. For clients it is indeed not possible atm to select a department.

#2: The default department can be set in the Admin Panel under "Default Department".