Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

PHP error from cron.php

We've been running OSTicket for a couple months with no issues. Suddenly, starting this morning, when the cron runs to download the messages via POP, it gives the following PHP error:

[root@140644-web1 blogposts]# php /var/webapps/ROOT/tickets/api/cron.php
PHP Fatal error: imap_headerinfo(): Address buffer overflow in /var/webapps/ROOT/tickets/include/class.pop3.php on line 134

Line 134 corresponds to:
$headerinfo=imap_headerinfo($this->mbox,$mid);

Thoughts? Can't get any new tickets into the system until I figure this out :(

Comments

• I'm having the exact same issue - Just wondering if a solution was ever provided?

PHP Fatal error: imap_headerinfo(): Address buffer overflow in /var/www/OSTicket/include/class.pop3.php on line 135

The function is:

function getHeaderInfo($mid) {

$headerinfo=imap_headerinfo($this->mbox,$mid);
    $sender=$headerinfo->from[0];

//Parse what we need...
    $header=array(
    'from' =>array('name' =>@$sender->personal,'email' =>strtolower($sender->mailbox).'@'.$sender->host),
    'subject'=>@$headerinfo->subject,);
    return $header;
    }
  • It is a PHP bug.... http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45460

Simply upgrade your php.
  • Thanks Peter for the prompt reply.
    It looks like the issue is actually for php 5.2.6 - I'm currently running PHP 5.2.11 which should have the fix in place, unless I'm mistaken?
  • Sorry for the mix-up, the problem is actually in imap extension, imap_utf8 function. I will post a workaround in a day or so as part of an upcoming release.
  • Actually mine ended up being something completely different!
    The imap_headerinfo Address buffer overflow was caused by a spam email that came through with 500+ CCd email addresses.
    A PHP bug has been open for them to look at it.
  • sorry to bring up such an old thread, but for the 2nd time in the last couple of months we had this same issue

we have php 5.4 samefor php-imap

peter , could you describe the workaround? we run a very large amount of email addresses and to find the problem is usually a big mess