Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Is there a way to prevent user from reopening a ticket

Once our team works on a ticket and decides to close that ticket, we would like it if the end-users could still view all of the details, but not be able to post a reply and have the ticket reopened. I haven't been able to figure out a way to make this happen, and I don't see any mod requests for this behavior.

Maybe somebody can help me out.

Comments

• You would have to handle this from two angles:
    1) Within the website - if the status = closed then remove the button to add a reply.
    2) Messages received from the CRON do not re-open a closed ticket.

Should be easy enough to find the files that handle this.

Looks like maybe in include/class.ticket.php - look at line 334 for starters.

But - what if a user has another issue with the same details? Do you want a new ticket opened?
  • Sorry to reply to an old thread - however, I got requested to do the same thing today and could not find a thread with the right answer.

To close this one out if anyone needs to do the same thing - it is indeed in class.ticket.php.

Look for function postMessage and then look for the following lines:
    if(!$this->isOpen()) {
    $this->reopen();
    //If enabled..auto-assign the ticket to last respondent...if they still have access to the Dept.
    if($cfg->autoAssignReopenedTickets() && ($lastrep=$this->getLastRespondent())) {
    //3 months elapsed time limit on auto-assign. Must be available and have access to Dept.
    if($lastrep->isAvailable() && $lastrep->canAccessDept($this->getDeptId())
    && (time()-strtotime($this->getLastResponseDate()))<=90*24*3600) {
    $this->setStaffId($lastrep->getId()); //Direct Re-assign!!!!????
    }
    //TODO: Worry about availability...may be lastlogin also? send an alert??
    }
    }

Remove them all and this will do the trick
  • I presume that this mod is intended for 1.6ST since you posted it to the 1.6 forums. Right?
  • That is a correct assumption :)
  • Moving thread to 1.6 Mod section then. :)
  • did this get added. I'm on 1.81 and can't find such an action.