Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Error: Failed to connect to smtp.gmail.com:465 [SMTP: Invalid response code received

Hello,
I am trying to setup SMTP, for the smtp.gmail.com but when i hit submit, it produces the error saying "Error: Failed to connect to smtp.gmail.com:465 [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: -1, response: )]", it seems that SSL is not enabled in SMTP script, i am not familiar with php so please guide to solve this issue.

Thanks
Vinod

Comments

• Port 587 Resolves this issue

Just a quick note that I had the same issue and port 587 resolves the problem
  • Hi, Im having the same problem (I always use the 465 port for the SMTP) i set the 587 and still the same error for me.
    Do I have to install something else? (because when i Install TicketOS the only problem was Email Fleching will be unabiable)

Can someone help me, please

Thanks.
  • Hi, Im having the same problem (I always use the 465 port for the SMTP) i set the 587 and still the same error for me.Do I have to install something else? (because when i Install TicketOS the only problem was Email Fleching will be unabiable) Can someone help me, please Thanks.
    Please post a new topic for your issue. When doing so, be sure to provide the information requested here:

Jack
This discussion has been closed.