Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[ MOD ] Staff Time Sheet / Tracking

2»

Comments

• Your whole modifications?
    WilliamM;13882 said:
    Berlinger,

I ran into the same problem and I believe I modified the class.ticket.php to work with the newest release.

Attached is the updated version.

Hope it helps..

Bill
    Hi William,

Could you upload your modifications?
    I replace class.ticket.php with your version, but it still doesn't work (came up with a blank screen).
    I would appreciate any help, thanks.
  • What to do now?
    drozenski;10810 said:
    The mod can now be downloaded here

http://drozenski.com/osTicket_TimeSpent.zip

Or by clicking the attachment in this post

Every change is marked with

//Begin2 Add
    //End2 Add

//Begin Add
    //End Add

<!-- Begin Add -->
    <!-- End Add -->
    Once I download the Zip file, I know to extract the files. But where do I upload the files too? What will they replace? Can you give me a quick step by step. Thank you everyone!
  • Has anyone found a way to get this working in 1.6 Stable?
  • Latest Release

Is this working in the latest release?
  • I think i got it

If you install teh time mod in 1.6 stable it kills editing a ticket and also replying with a canned response. If you use WilliamM's class.ticket.php (earlier in this thread) you can get the edit Ticket functionality back. To fix the canned response you must edit viewticket.inc.php on or around line 399

onChange=\"getCannedResponse(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value,this.form[COLOR=\"Red\"], 'response'[/COLOR]);this.selectedIndex='0';\" >  

**, 'response'** was removed from the code for some reason. After it is replaced you are golden.
  • Time Tracking for client

I've been successful in implementing this mod, now I would like for the client to see time tracking in their ticket view, total time spent would work for me. Any suggestions on how I can make this happen?
  • hi

just got this mod going all working well.
    What I would like to do as other have mentioned is send the time with the email response.

I'm also wondering if anyone can help with how to change the time to hourly plus decimal?? Billing is done in 15 min blocks so what we would like to do is have the ability to enter say 1.25 for 1 hour 15 mins? This is currently running in previous helpdesk. any ideas would be great
  • Is it possible?

Is it possible to add $total_time to the tickets.php (home staff page) as a column? I have attempted to figure it out myselft and have gotten nowhere. i have done the Assigned to ang age mod along with this one, but would like to the total time worked to be the last column...specifically for closed tickets to see if my guys are taking too long or rushing with a quick once-over view. Thanks to anyone who can help.

D
  • Sql Command

I think someone asked for the SQL command to run to alter the tables for os ticket? Here they are. I didn't type this its from Masino's instruction set.

ALTER TABLE ost_ticket_note
    ADD COLUMN `time_spent` int(11) default 0 NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE ost_ticket_response
    ADD COLUMN `time_spent` int(11) default 0 NOT NULL;
  • I'm running SQL 5.0.77 and the ' marks on my table name threw an error. Hope that helps.
  • I went through all the edits. Now when i go to the staff through I get a blank white page. It looks like index.php redirects me to tickets.php in the scp folder but for some reason tickets.php comes up just as a white page.. any ideas?
  • Agonzale;20599 said:
    I went through all the edits. Now when i go to the staff through I get a blank white page. It looks like index.php redirects me to tickets.php in the scp folder but for some reason tickets.php comes up just as a white page.. any ideas?
    I just added all the edits and I'm getting a white page immediately after login
  • I am running osTicket 1.6 Stable and my issue is that the Post Reply has stopped working. I am unable to post a reply.

The only way I can get the replies to work is to delete the time_spent field from the ticket_response table, but then the mod stops working.

Did anyone encounter this problem?

Thanks.
    C
  • Search&Query or Tickets Related button

Hi Guys

This mod is working for me on 1.6ST but I have a different problem. When I try to search on a email address or try to use the but next to the email displaying the number of tickets for this email, I get the error below.
    and this is the url after clicking on the button
    http://www.company.com/support/scp/tickets.php?a=search&query=user@company.com

with displaying the below error.

""Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email]webmaster@convergedtel.co.za[/email] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.""

Can someone help me to resolve this issue?

regards
  • Help

Hi Guys

Can someone help me with the previous post?

I would really Appreciate the help.

Best Regards
  • v1.6ST is working with this MOD + 2 patches
    pieteras.meyer;22990 said:
    Hi Guys

Can someone help me with the previous post?

I would really Appreciate the help.

Best Regards
    All I can say that on v1.6ST after initial MOD and 2 following patches everything is working quite good.

Bye!
  • Reporting on the time

Now that we are tracking time spent on a ticket, is there any particular report anyone has mod'd into osTicket to see how much time has been spent?
  • Same problem 'post reply' displays 'Unable to post the response."
    sharpedgewv;22704 said:
    I am running osTicket 1.6 Stable and my issue is that the Post Reply has stopped working. I am unable to post a reply.

The only way I can get the replies to work is to delete the time_spent field from the ticket_response table, but then the mod stops working.

Did anyone encounter this problem?

Thanks.
    C
    Anyone find a fix for this on 1.6 stable?
  • I read through this entire thread but i didn't figure out where you can create a report about the time spent on a client over a certain period. What use is tracking time when you can't report it?

Also i don't understand why the development team of osTicket doesn't simply incorporate this in the next release. Seems like such an obvious feature.
  • was again playing with this mod... so far it works now, dont know why... but still one problem. in the ticket view there a list wich staff member spend how much time... but its always only the "System" Usere wich sepnt time and not the real user...
  • Will this mod work with the latest version: 1.9.4???  

It sounds like just what I've been looking for!  :-)
  • The thread is from 2010, and the thread specifies 1.6ST.
    I would say that's a resounding no.
  • Is there anything like this for 1.9?
  • in the line 50 in the file tickets.php 

where i can match the code? i am using ost_1.9.5

-------------------
    scp/tickets.php
    -------------------
      now at line 50 process the posted amount:
                            if($_POST['time_spent']) {
                                $ticket->timeSpent($_POST['time_spent']);
                            }

from line 45 to 55(original source code)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            'name'=>'attach:response',
            'configuration' => array('extensions'=>'')))
    ));
    $note_form = new Form(array(
        'attachments' => new FileUploadField(array('id'=>'attach',
            'name'=>'attach:note',
            'configuration' => array('extensions'=>'')))
    ));

//At this stage we know the access status. we can process the post.
    if($_POST && !$errors):
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where i have can place it?