Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The osTicket team is pleased to announce availability of osTicket, v1.8.1.2, the latest stable release in 1.8.x series. For more information please read our release blog post.

New favicon.ico

I don't know why but I hate when a website either has a terrible favicon or none at all. osTicket installs with no favicon.ico and I'm really not a big fan of the one they use on their site so I've created my own and thought I would share it. osTicket "owners" please let me know if I am in some sort of violation and I'll remove.

Comments

• Thanks for this, looks good however how do I get it to work.
    I've uploaded it to the main directory of my site, now I'm at a loss at where to post the code.
    <link rel=\"shorcut icon\" href=\"/favicon.ico\">

Surely it wouldn't need to go on every file?
  • Hey,

I would like to know it too where to put the code?

Thanks in advance,
    Torben
  • Hey gents,

Thought I posted this reply already but perhaps I previewed and then moved away from the page not realizing.

Anyway, I never added any code anywhere for the favicon.ico I just put it in my home directory and then it shows up for all pages. For instance:

/var/www/ostickets/favicon.ico

I don't know why but this didn't show up right away. I don't know if something needed reloading or what but I do remember that I couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up and then the next day (after doing nothing) there it was. At any rate I did double check my code and there is no instance of "favicon.ico" anywhere in any file.
  • said:

Thanks for this, looks good however how do I get it to work.
    I've uploaded it to the main directory of my site, now I'm at a loss at where to post the code.

<link rel=\"shorcut icon\" href=\"/favicon.ico\">

Surely it wouldn't need to go on every file?
    By the way, in your code here you are telling it that its in the root directory ( / ). As opposed to /var/www/ostickets/favicon.ico or perhaps ./favicon.ico (this directory). But again, it shouldn't need to be included anywhere.