Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Attachments on New Ticket Alerts

I'm happily coming back from eTicket! Good to see development going on osTicket again!

One of the issues I'm having is that when the system sends out a New Ticket Alert, is there any way to get it to send the attachments out as well? (this would be the same if someone emailed an attachment after the ticket was opened - I'd like that attachment to be sent out along with the notification).

The attachment does get stored on the server no problem and the link IS in the ticket. Alternatively, I suppose, if the attachment can't be sent, can the link to download it me sent in the notification email?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• did you ever figure out how to get attachments in the new ticket emails?
  • craigreilly;26486 said:
    did you ever figure out how to get attachments in the new ticket emails?
    no, I didn't...
  • You have no idea how amazed I am that you posted this like 2 years ago, someone posted to it the other day and that you actually answered. :)
  • ntozier;26589 said:
    You have no idea how amazed I am that you posted this like 2 years ago, someone posted to it the other day and that you actually answered. :)
    There's nothing worse than try hard to find an answer and locating a thread that doesn't conclude... Whenever I start something like this, I do my best to remain in contact with the thread. :)

I just wish I'd had a better answer!!!
  • Recently started using OSticket - works very well - except for the above issue (alerts don't send with attachments) - I'm surprised that the issue is so old without resolution. - i found this which pinpoints the issue

https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/2798

I haven't located any solutions - anyone out there that did?

• My "guy" found a solution - and fixed this - he went to:

class.ticket.php file located in the include directory
    the attachment variable would replace the null variable in 4 or 5 statements within the file

works beautifully

This discussion has been closed.