Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Front-End (client side) translated to all languajes?

Hello:

I need to translate the client side ticketing system to several languajes and to adapt the "ticketing" feeling depending on my different Comunity Projects objetives.

Because of that, i have created a file containing the arrays to be modified depending on the languaje and the ticketing objetives.

My languaje file is in spanish, right now but all of you can change it to any languaje in just a few minutes.

The mod currently contains TWO languages files: Spanish & English, both for the Client and Staff/Admin sides.

Follow the readme.txt instructions for installing and you will have your osticket software translated to any languaje in a bit.

Oh and i will be glad on receiving your translated files (languajeXX.inc.php) for sharing them with the Comunity...... :-)

Here are the next steps i will do in the the next days:

- Adding osticket System and error messages translation.
- Adding osticket Main Menu translation.
- Adding osticket forms and dropdwns translation
** These upgrades will be "adds" to the current files...

I sincereslly wish you like this little project.... enjoy it

If you wish or need this easy mod, you can download (osticket 1.6 Universal translator version full 1.0.zip) it from my projects site at http://www.sodynet.eu, from the downloads tool section. Registration is required but you have not any other obligations, excepting if you find my projects useful :-)

OH!!! Do not forget you can use my own OSTicket for reporting bugs or suggestions Your tickets will be more than welcome:-)

Thanks to the OSticket product developers. It is a great and simple solution.
Best REgards
LOGANS

Santiago

README.TXT info (about my modifications)
Thank you for trying our frontend translation module for osTicket V1.6 Release 1.0(March 2010).
Mod version ready for osTicket v1.6 ST (stable)

***** about the Universal Translator: What is and what is not!!
- This mod is a way to easily not only to translate but to customize your osticketing messages.
- You will save hours of hard translation job "into the code". You can handle the translation in a click.
- This mod is a try to share with the osticket developers the Comunity Wishes around a multilingual osticket. I hope this mod will help them!!
- This easy modification will allow you to easily translate the osticket frontend to any language, just changing the array values in the file languajees.inc.php
- The system and error messages, Navigation menus and dropdown menus and some texts are not still included neither.
I have to work on these items with care to translate them because they are not just a text in the inc.php files BUT elements on scripts in most of the cases.
- The The system, error, navigation and dropdown menus will be included shortly, but not before to check out the current version with the Comunity.
- The Spanish translation do not take in account the iso values to accept spanish special characters, at the moment.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Please if you find any error or missing array, or you wish to make a suggestion, notify me using my ticketing system at http://www.sodynet.eu
I will be more than pleased on continue working on this mod for you all...
*********************************************************************************************************************************************

#############################################
####### Installation Procedure:##############
#############################################

*** UPGRADING THE PREVIOUS CLIENT SIDE FILES:
--> You do not need to do anything special. Just following the installation steps will upgrade the whole translations.

1.- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Make a complete backup of all your osticket directories.
2.- MUCH MORE IMPORTANT NOTICE: This translation module do not affect to the Data Base BUT it is strongly recomended to make DataBase backups in a regular base and specifically when you are planning to make software modifications or programs updates.
3.- Unzip the .zip file.
4.- Upload the unziped files into the designed directories.
5.- GO IN YOUR OSTICKET SYSTEM!!!!

############################################################################################
###### Creating your own languaje file AND/OR selecting the language file to be used########
############################################################################################

** Make a backup of the whole directories, and Data Base

** Edit the file "languajeES.inc.php or "languajeEN.inc.php, at your choice

** Change the desired array value, for example change

$OST_LANG["Adm_MYP_tile"] = ' Mis preferencias';

to

$OST_LANG["Adm_MYP_tile"] = ' My Preferences';

Note: Be care with the special chars like ' or ; If you make any error the osticket will be in error due to an incorrect array value

** Once modified, Save your file as, let say, languajeFR.inc.php (assuming you are traslating into French, for example)

** Now Edit the file main.inc.php

** look for the line 99 or so: you will find the code: include('languajeES.inc.php');

** change the file name languajees.inc.php to languajeFR.inc.php, or whatever nave you saved your translation file

** Save it

**DONE, your osticket is in your languaje and/or contains your personalized messages or texts, at your wish....

**OH NOW SEND ME YOUR TRANSLATED FILE AND I WILL ADD IT TO THE DISTRIBUTION....... The Comunity will thanks you the effort for sure.. :-)

#################################################################
#### List of files and directories included in the .zip file ####
#################################################################
/Yourosticketrootdirectory/

languajeES.inc.php ----------------------------->this is the file containing the arrays and their values for translation TO SPANISH
languajeEN.inc.php ----------------------------->this is the file containing the arrays and ther values IN ENGLISH
main.inc.php------------------------------------>I have added.... include('languajeES.inc.php')
offline.php------------------------------------->#texts changed to array values
index.php--------------------------------------->#texts changed to array values

/Yourosticketrootdirectory/include/client
List of files changed to array values:

footer.inc.php
header.inc.php
login.inc.php
open.inc.php
thankyou.inc.php
tickets.inc.php
viewticket.inc.php

/Yourosticketrootdirectory/include/STAFF

List of files changed to array values:
api.inc.php
attachment.inc.php
banlist.inc.php
changepasswd.inc.php
dept.inc.php
depts.inc.php
editticket.inc.php
email.inc.php
emails.inc.php
filters.inc.php
footer.inc.php
group.inc.php
groups.inc.php
header.inc.php
helptopics.inc.php
login.tpl.php
mypref.inc.php
myprofile.inc.php
newticket.inc.php
preference.inc.php
premade.inc.php
reply.inc.php
smtp.inc.php
staff.inc.php
staffmembers.inc.php
syslogs.inc.php
template.inc.php
tickets.inc.php
topic.inc.php
viewticket.inc.php

###################################################################################################################################################
For any questions questions and support about osticke product, please please visit official osticket.com forums.

For request, updates or issues, about this mod, please use our own Support Ticket system at www.sodynet.eu

Santiago Duarte
sodynet.eu Comunity Projects Leader.
###################################################################################################################################################

Comments

• Download

I downloaded this file from the referred site, but the file index.php is not in the download. I tried several times but nothing.
  • gilsierra;14043 said:
    I downloaded this file from the referred site, but the file index.php is not in the download. I tried several times but nothing.
    Very true.... It was my bad....

Problem solved. I have added the index.php file to the zip file now

Sorry for the inconveniences and thx so much for the advice

Regards

logans
    Santiago Duarte
  • Translation file upgraded to Admin & Staff
    English and Spanish version included
  • Once installed the languaje files, my Multilingual site for clients and staff is a reality in terms of interface..... I hope the Comunity will share their different languajes.... German? French? Italian?.......

You can check it out at http://www.sodynet.eu/main/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=81 works fine for me :-)

Regards
    Santiago
  • Translator release 2.0 client, admin errors and messages included

I have finally done:
    OSTICKET TRANSLATION:Release 2.0: Client Side, Staff, Administrator, Menus and messages translation

This release will allow you to have a fully translated osticket in any languaje you wish. The package include English and Spanis, but i hope the comunity will send me other languajes files to be added in the future.

If you have previously downloaded the previous versions, you will not have problems because i have just added the new translated parameters to the existing ones..

I will continue debugging missing translations and any other bug i found or any of you report me. The download site is related at the begining of this post

Enjoy it

Modifications done for release 2.0:

- The languajes files are now located in the /include/languaje directory.
    - main.inc.php file now point to the /include/languaje directory . You may have this in mind if you are planing to add your own translation
    - Included Languajes: English and Spanish.
    - I am currently debuging all the files, searching for mising translations. The next releases (2.x) will add any missing translation to the existing ones.
    If you find any errors or missing translations please report us to http://www.sodynet.eu/main/supportcenter

You will find a complete list of the affected files and installation instructions in the Readmefile enclosed in the download
  • Greetings:

Looking for volunteers for translating to several languajes AND test the final files in a real installed osticket enviroment.

Languajes i would like to work with first:

German
    French
    Italian
    Greek

Please contact me in this forum or in my own ticketing system at http://www.sodynet.eu/main/supportcenter
  • Hola Santiago,

me parece un estupendo trabajo, estoy haciendo una pequeña web en la cual quiero introducir la tradución que has realiado, lo he probado es Español y funciona todo correctamente, lo único que no sé hacer es como tener más de un idioma para generar el ticket, he visto que se puede poner un idioma u otro pero no sé como hacer para que conmute.

Lo he visto en tu paquina pero no sé como realizarlo: http://gamersonline.sodynet.eu/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=81

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda, un Saludo, César

P.D. Por cierto para el resto de traduciones a lo mejor te pueden servidr las de:
    http://www.full.srv.br/twiki/bin/view/Fsrv/OsTicketTranslate#Download_Pre_Release_to_Install
  • cbueno;14519 said:
    Hola Santiago,

me parece un estupendo trabajo, estoy haciendo una pequeña web en la cual quiero introducir la tradución que has realiado, lo he probado es Español y funciona todo correctamente, lo único que no sé hacer es como tener más de un idioma para generar el ticket, he visto que se puede poner un idioma u otro pero no sé como hacer para que conmute.

Lo he visto en tu paquina pero no sé como realizarlo: http://gamersonline.sodynet.eu/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=81

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda, un Saludo, César

P.D. Por cierto para el resto de traduciones a lo mejor te pueden servidr las de:
    http://www.full.srv.br/twiki/bin/view/Fsrv/OsTicketTranslate#Download_Pre_Release_to_Install
    Hola:

No es complicado, me explico:

Como sabes el fichero que determina la conexión a la Base de datos, y otros parámetros, es únicamente include/ost-config.php. Además, como habrás visto, en el fichero main.inc.php es donde definimos las rutas a los ficheros de traducciones.

Teniendo en cuenta lo anterior, y aunque no sea una solución muy ortodoxa, lo que eventualmente hay que hacer es crear dos directorios de osticket, digamos:

/osticket_ES
    y
    /osticket_EN

El contenido de ambos directorios es IDENTICO EXCEPTO por el fichero main.inc.php; asumiendo que trabajas con la misma instancia de la base de datos.

A partir de ahí, los ficheros header.php, basta con personalizarlos con una banderita o simplemente un vínculos a cada directorio, y YASTA!!!, podrás cambiar a nivel de "interface" entre ambos idiomas (en mi caso inglés/español) muy fácilmente....

Se que no es la solución ortodoxa, pero no me ha dado tiempo a codificar en base a cookies de sesión que definirían los parámetros de idioma y evitaría el uso de dos directorios... Esta es una solución sencilla, y rápida de preparar y no me ha requerido hacer pruebas de validación.... y depuración de errores y demás..,..

He visto el vínculo de traducciones y está muy bien, pero se limitan a una pequeña parte de osticket, cuando esta traducción es o pretende ser TOTAL, incluyendo mensajes, errores y demás..... miraré, de todas formas, a ver si puedo aprovecharlas e incluir la parte realizada, quizás manteniendo el inicio en inglés....... o contactaré con los compañeros de esas traducciones a ver si quieren completarlas

Un abrazo
    Santiago
  • Muchas Gracias, lo voy aprobar, buena idea, lo único que imagino a nivel del enlace que se recibes cuando abres un ticket la URL que recibes será siempre una principal y de ahí conmuta el usuario según el idioma.

Otra cosa esto no tiene que ver con la traducción, la verdad que no sé por donde cogerlo, estoy utilizando cron.php para leer mensajes de un buzón y me cree los tickets, hasta aquí todo ok.

Lo raro es con cuentas de yahoo hay anomalías:

1.- Usuario yahoo envía correo, se le abre el ticket bien (no siempre, sino error interno)
    2.- El usuario responde al ticket y resulta que este tipo de correos no es capaz de intrepretar de tal forma que el cron.php da un error interno del servidor.

Lo raro que esto fucina con otros tipos de cuentas, Gmail, Outlook ....

Te ha pasado?

Muchas gracias, Un abrazo, César
  • Logans, I've found a bug I think.

I've made 2 installations, one with the languagepack and one without.

On the one with the languagepack I can't enter the templates for the emails. On the one without I can.

I'm also translating the language file to Dutch, but it's not a few minutes :( Hope to finish it soon.
  • waltharie;14590 said:
    Logans, I've found a bug I think.

I've made 2 installations, one with the languagepack and one without.

On the one with the languagepack I can't enter the templates for the emails. On the one without I can.

I'm also translating the language file to Dutch, but it's not a few minutes :( Hope to finish it soon.
    UM... I will check the templates thing.... in my test intallation..

About the translation ... take you time, i know what you mean :-)
    We will add your Deutch translation to the zip file, when finished, of course..
    you can send the translation files to my email
    GREAT!!!!!
  • LOGANS;14608 said:
    UM... I will check the templates thing.... in my test intallation..

About the translation ... take you time, i know what you mean :-)
    We will add your Deutch translation to the zip file, when finished, of course..
    you can send the translation files to my email
    GREAT!!!!!
    Hello all:

Bug: sintax error in line 92, file class.msgtpl.php.. This error avoid to open the mails templates management.

How to correct it: just download the new file class.msgtpl.php from this post and copy it in the /include directory

I will correct the error in the main downlable zip file also in the next release (in addition to some additional missing translation arrays)

Thanks for your help
    class.msgtpl.zip
  • Hello all:

New languajes available and minor bug corrections:
    OSTICKET TRANSLATION:Release 2.01: Client Side, Staff, Administrator,

Menus and messages translation

what's new Release 2.01 notes:

- Added Deutch Languaje (NL). Both Front End and Back End.(Thanks Rogier)
    - Italian Languaje added ..... Front-end in Italian, Back end in English
    - Email templates management bug correction.
    - I have added some additional missing translated arrays in the menu_nav_ES.php

and menu_nav_EN.php files.
    - Added language flags in the images directory.
    -
    Special Thanks to Rogier for the Deutch Translation :-)

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM http://www.sodynet.eu

You can also check all languajes fully working in my own osticket support system at http://www.sodynet.eu/main/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=81
    I will be glad on hearing about your suggestions and bug report there.

There is nothing special to do for updating, excepting copying and paste the new files in the required directories, as usual, and just modiffing the main.inc.php file for selecting the languaje.

Best Regards
    LOGANS
    Santiago Duarte
  • Wenas

Me he registrado en http://www.sodynet.eu/ pero me reenvía a swgtt y no encuentro el archivo, ¿podrías enviármelo por correo? [email]threydworf@gmail.com[/email]
    Muchas gracias por todo. Un saludo
  • Hi Logans,

step by step I'm completing the translation in Italian Language of files (2.01):

languajeIT.inc
    menu_nav_IT
    error_txt_IT

I think I found 2 bug in translation Italian language

1) waltharie (translating the language file to Dutch) said:
    same problem in Italian.

2) bug file staff/login.tpl.php.

if point to http://www.mydomain.it/scp/
    do not see the constant "Username" and "Password"
    After the logout link and the following constants reappear.
    if you want to end translation I can send files translated into Italian.
    Thank You

raffaele
  • Please share on the project page

LOGANS,
    we appreciate your work on the translation mod
    Please share it on the projects main page, to make it available to everyone (instead of having to dig for it in the forums), and skip the signup for download thing (sign-up doesn't mean returning users).

I will try to translate to hebrew and share it with you.

You've created something great, make it easily available mate :)

Peace
  • Gracias por la Traducción

Logans,

Gracias por esta traducción, la verdad es que me costo encontrarla en este foro,

pero al fin la encontré.

Te cuento un pequeño detalle, en la pagina de descargas en:

http://www.sodynet.eu/main/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=8:osticket&Itemid=54

dices "Added Deutch Languaje (NL)" bueno ese Deutch seria "Dutch" solo te digo para que nuestros amigos del norte no lo confundan con el aleman.

Un Saludo de Un Español Criado en Holanda y Viviendo en el momento en Colombia
  • Hi Logans,

Thanks for this great mod! :)

I installed it without problems. One question though. How do get the country flags to show up i see on your website?
  • hola ayuda

hola como vas me puedes hechar una mano con esto no se por donde empezar, la verdad se poco y nada de mysql, estoy cerca al campin aqui en Bogota, gracias

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

elartedeganar;21001 said:
    Logans,

Gracias por esta traducción, la verdad es que me costo encontrarla en este foro,

pero al fin la encontré.

Te cuento un pequeño detalle, en la pagina de descargas en:

http://www.sodynet.eu/main/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=8:osticket&Itemid=54

dices "Added Deutch Languaje (NL)" bueno ese Deutch seria "Dutch" solo te digo para que nuestros amigos del norte no lo confundan con el aleman.

Un Saludo de Un Español Criado en Holanda y Viviendo en el momento en Colombia
  • Hola Cesar, gracias por la opcion que ofreces.

te queria preguntar algo relacionado al tema y un poco distinto. en verdad q no se q me conviene despues de ver lo que ofreces. mi objetivo es q el cliente consiga todo en espaniol.

resulta que yo instalo por primera ves el script y durante el proceso me da las opciones para escoger un lenguage. escogi el ingles primero. a seguir decido instalar una copia exacta en otra carpeta y en espaniol. instalo todo como de zero en el servidor pero en otra carpeta. resulta que durante la instalacion, no me dio la opcion de escoger el lenguage y me lo instalo en ingles de nuevo. trate todo lo logico para empezar de zero. hasta una nueva descarga ya que nada funcionaba. tienes idea como puedo conseguir esta opcion de lenguage que me aparesca durante una instalacion por segunda vez?

te agradeceria mucho tu respuesta y apoyo.

muchas gracias
  • No me funciona

Amigo, Gracias por tu trabajo.

Segui todos los pasos y cuando intento acceder osTicket, la pagina se va en blanco.

Que puedo estar haciendo mal?