osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
Client email-replies added as new ticket
I've setup OSTicket yesterday and I am very happy with it. It covers al the features I need to have.
I am using POP3 Fetching instead of e-mail piping, the OST-version is 1.6 ST.
At this moment there is only one feature which is not working.
1. A client creates a new ticket by e-mail.
2. The ticket appears succesfully in OSTicket and a confirmation-email is sent back to the customer.
3. The client receives the confirmation from OSTicket.
Now. When the client decides to add more information to the ticket by replying on the confirmation-mail, OSTicket creates a new ticket instead of appending the original ticket of the client.
What I tried already:
- Sent e-mail out with PHP-mail instead of using my own SMTP-server
- Playing with the "Strip quoted reply"-checkbox and Reply Separator Tag
- First add a comment as admin in OSTicket (OSTicket sends an e-mail to the client about an update). Let the client reply to the update-mail.
I thought this was a feature of OSTicket. Is this a bug or am I doing someting wrong?