Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

OST Ticket Email not sending

i setup OST ticket and nw it working well but i didnt upload that script folder
so nw didnt sent mail from ost ticket can anyone explain what is the reason for this :(
i already set that email property to PHP mail in settings

Comments

• Please help me im stuck with this problem

Please help me im stuck with this problem
  • So if I get your right, your OST install isn't sending email like it should. This could be for a variety of reasons.

1. in OST goto Admin panel -> Settings and make sure that Autoresponders (Global Setting) are set correctly. (New Ticket set to enable)

2. Check your PHP logs and see if there is an error in them.
    (If you look at your php.ini and look for "error_log =" directive it should speed up your finding where your logs are located.)

3. Additionally it may help to test if PHP can actually send mail. Try creating a file called test.php, put it in your web tree. (Make sure you change [email]recipient@example.com[/email] to your email address). Use your web browser to hit the file.

<?php
    $to = \"recipient@example.com\";
    $subject = \"TEST\";
    $body = \"Hi,\n\nDid you get this??\";
    if (mail($to, $subject, $body)) {
    echo(\"<p>Message successfully sent!</p>\");
    } else {
    echo(\"<p>Message delivery failed...</p>\");
    }
    ?>

Please let us know the results.
  • i ran the test.php script and got the following ..

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test.php on line 5

Message delivery failed...
  • Also,

no error_log line in the php.ini file.
  • ntozier;17153 said:
    So if I get your right, your OST install isn't sending email like it should. This could be for a variety of reasons.

1. in OST goto Admin panel -> Settings and make sure that Autoresponders (Global Setting) are set correctly. (New Ticket set to enable)

2. Check your PHP logs and see if there is an error in them.
    (If you look at your php.ini and look for "error_log =" directive it should speed up your finding where your logs are located.)

3. Additionally it may help to test if PHP can actually send mail. Try creating a file called test.php, put it in your web tree. (Make sure you change [email]recipient@example.com[/email] to your email address). Use your web browser to hit the file.

<?php
    $to = \"recipient@example.com\";
    $subject = \"TEST\";
    $body = \"Hi,\n\nDid you get this??\";
    if (mail($to, $subject, $body)) {
    echo(\"<p>Message successfully sent!</p>\");
    } else {
    echo(\"<p>Message delivery failed...</p>\");
    }
    ?>

Please let us know the results.
    I checked my autoresponder settings and they are enabled.

I tested that code in step 3 and it sent me a test email.

Still, no luck getting emails when I submit an actual ticket, though.

Should I still look for an error in my PHP logs or is it likely to be something else, as I was able to send myself a test message?
  • 4-hours;30442 said:
    I checked my autoresponder settings and they are enabled.

I tested that code in step 3 and it sent me a test email.

Still, no luck getting emails when I submit an actual ticket, though.

Should I still look for an error in my PHP logs or is it likely to be something else, as I was able to send myself a test message?
    Actually, looking at my System Logs on my osTicket Dashboard, I see this error listed for each time I try submitting a ticket:

Unable to fetch autoresponse template #0

How do I resolve this error?
  • 4-hours;30443 said:
    Actually, looking at my System Logs on my osTicket Dashboard, I see this error listed for each time I try submitting a ticket:

Unable to fetch autoresponse template #0

How do I resolve this error?
    Nevermind... figured it out. Had to set the default template under Admin Panel>Settings>Default Email Templates.

One more thing, though. How to set it so that when someone hits Reply on a ticket confirmation email, it auto-updates that particular issue with their additional comments?
  • One more question -- how to set it so that the return email is [email]noreply@mydomain.com[/email]?

It looks like I have it set to that, but my hosting account has many domains on it (hostmonster), and the main user account (username@host105.hostmonster.com) is the email address it's selecting as the reply address for some reason. How to set it to a specific email address like [email]noreply@domain.com[/email]?
  • 4-hours;30446 said:
    One more question -- how to set it so that the return email is [email]noreply@mydomain.com[/email]?

It looks like I have it set to that, but my hosting account has many domains on it (hostmonster), and the main user account (username@host105.hostmonster.com) is the email address it's selecting as the reply address for some reason. How to set it to a specific email address like [email]noreply@domain.com[/email]?
    OK, figured this out. I actually need to have a real "noreply@mydomain.com" email address set up on my host for this to work. So, that's all good.

Getting back to other issue... how to let people reply to a ticket notification and have it update the ticket automatically (obviously not with [email]noreply@domain.com[/email], which is only there because I don't know how to let them update the ticket via email).

Sometimes the best conversations are with yourself :D
  • Auto respond errors

Hi, I have just installed osticket and it looks good and all seems to be working fine:

i create a ticket with [email]this@email.com[/email] and username "this name".

"this name" gets an email at [email]this@email.com[/email]. All good.

But I am not receiving the ticket email as admin.
    Settings seem to be correct and [email]support@ticket.com[/email] is set as email but when the ticket is sent [email]support@ticket.com[/email] is not receiving confirmation so i have to go to the admin area just to check if i have a ticket.

Please help. I have tried the php.ini and sent test email via php and all is good. All autoresponders are set.
  • Your using 1.6ST?

Is the email that your using to open the ticket the same as the email address that isn't getting the email? I found that in the old version for some reason I wouldn't get emails if I opened the ticket as "tickets@domain.com" when my admin email was also "tickets@domain.com".