Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

DB Error #2006 and Siteground

I've been using osTicket on SiteGround for months and very happy. Running version 1.6.0. Yesterday, osTicket started throwing errors like:

[SELECT ticket_id FROM ost_ticket WHERE ticketID=162738]

MySQL server has gone away

End-users don't see any errors, support staff simply see page timeouts and all they need to do is a page refresh, but as the osTicket admin I get to see about a dozen emails for each time there's a failure because "MySQL server has gone away"

Siteground says to repair and optimize the database... which I did... and absolutely nothing changes. The database has a total of 3500 records and is only about 3.3MB in size.

I'm stumped, frustrated and basically really irritated. What would you do?

Comments

• About the only thing you can do at this point is contact your web host. It could be a corrupted database, but it sounds more like a connectivity issue.
  • Kelli;18012 said:
    About the only thing you can do at this point is contact your web host. It could be a corrupted database, but it sounds more like a connectivity issue.
    I'm having the exact same error, getting batches of 10 or 11 of these emails message at a time, and having contacted my web host, they have checked their servers and report no issues.

I don't have any reason to doubt them, as the support from my web host is usually first class.

I have other apps using the same MySQL database server and they all work fine, yet OS Ticket has recently started doing this and performing very slowly.

For info, my database is only 0.17Mb at the moment, and the database passes all integrity checks.
  • csmith;17995 said:

I'm stumped, frustrated and basically really irritated. What would you do?
    csmith, have you made any modifications to any of the PHP files?

I've made a few mods, but nothing that should interfere with the database.
  • assuming you have myphp installed you could run a query on the database, and possibly optimize or repair the tables. it took me awhile to get it configured, but the web gui is much easier for me than command line programming. if you would like to know more just reply, ill help if i can.