Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The osTicket team is pleased to announce availability of osTicket, v1.8.1.2, the latest stable release in 1.8.x series. For more information please read our release blog post.

os ticket setup

I have inherited a setup of OS ticket. When I go into /support/setup, the return information indicates that the setup has been completed (Can;t verify or review this unfortunately). When I turn on the Self-Help troubleshooting I get the follwing, see below.

Any suggestions where to start trouble shooting this? Some help docs on the OSticket site would have been helpful!

Thanks!

Notice: Undefined variable: dblink in C:\wamp\www\support\include\mysql.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined variable: dblink in C:\wamp\www\support\include\mysql.php on line 30

Notice: Undefined variable: dblink in C:\wamp\www\support\include\mysql.php on line 34

Support Ticket System Offline
Thank you for your interest in contacting us.
Our helpdesk is offline at the moment, please check back at a later time.

Comments

• where is the main configuration file to verify the links to databases etc.?
  • hi,

you find those informations in /support/include/ost-config.php

And by the way, as the setup is completed, it's recommended to delete the setup folder or rename it to something not so obvious to prevent bad boys from accessing it again.

T.
  • Additionally they could be in /include/settings.php

If you don't want to delete the setup directory at least rename it to something super obscure. I had mine named ThisWasTheFolderFormerlyKnownAsSetup for about six months before I deleted it. But I am also running OST in an intranet that isn't publicly accessible so YMMV.
  • Windows issue... open include/mysql.php and change all references to $$dblink to $dblink ... just do a find/replace.
  • New Installation help

I have a fresh hosting account with hostgator.com.

I do have fantastico (has the system.com email issue been resolved?).

Can anyone help with the installation? I am willing to financially compensate.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ivan
  • Thanks! :)
    said:

Windows issue... open include/mysql.php and change all references to $$dblink to $dblink ... just do a find/replace.