Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Custom Fields

Would be great to have the ability to allow users to enter custom fields, or require that they do. This would really allow us to use this for any purpose. For example i want to allow people to put feedback in on a piece of software, we might want some text boxes asking for details of the bug, a drop down list to ask for the repeatability of the bug and a checkbox to say that it stops functionality working (breaker) or is merely annoying.

This would really allow customisation to any industry...

Comments

• I definitely second that!

we selected osTicket for our maintenance dept of property management firm as it was the most universal ticketing system we could find, short of a custom built piece of software. adding the ability to quickly add custom fields would be a life saver!
  • Wow, this is an awesome suggestion! This would be my favorite feature if it were implemented!
  • Mark Harris;108 said:
    Would be great to have the ability to allow users to enter custom fields, or require that they do.
    Yes, I have a couple of departments that I would like to restrict to people who are customers only. If a person selects a particular "help topic" then they will have to enter in a valid customer number or receipt number or something. So basically, a new field would appear that is required once they select "Commercial Support" or something of that nature.:)

I could set up cron job or something to import order numbers from a different application.

Great idea Mark.