Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

New Set Up

Hello,

I am trying to configure a new email address which will send and receive (Mail fetching) emails.

I am entering the LogIn info as my email account requires authentication. I then under the Mail Account Info enable, enter the host (as mail.domain.com) and port 143 (as it is an IMAP accounts), select protocol as IMAP, Encryption as none ( as it is not supported), Fetch freq as 5, and Maximum Emails Per Fetch as 10.

when I click Submit it holds for about 15 seconds and then get these errors :

Invalid login. Check IMAP settings - under Login Info
Connection failed to mail.domain.com,143: Connection timed out - under Mail Account.

Which error is actually correct as there are two being reported here and can I check any logs or check with my ISP any details at all?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Update

Hello,

I also noticed If I try with a POP3 account (same settings just with protocol as POP3 and the Port as 110) which should be the correct settings for this, I get this error message :

Can not authenticate to POP3 server: POP3 connection broken in response - under Mail Account.

I am not sure if this will help identify the problem or not ;) ?
  • Another Update

Hello,

The hosting company said they block port 143 by default from the server so this has now been enabled (and was most likely for the problem above i.e. the Connection failed to mail.domain.com,143: Connection timed out issue.

I now try again to add a new email address and get this new error :

Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (authenticate)- under Mail Account.

Does anyone know what causes this error? The log in details are correct and I believe I would get the error Can not authenticate to IMAP server: Invalid login or password instead of Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (authenticate).

Many thanks,

Regards,

wpm-ok
  • Is this your mail server or a hosted solution? If yours what OS/Mail server?

Perhaps your server requires onr of the following:

Secure IMAP (IMAP4-SSL) - port 585

IMAP4 over SSL (IMAPS) - port 993
  • Hi ntozier,

This is a hosted solution and the details I am using are definately correct.

Do you know what would cause a Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (authenticate)- under Mail Account error? It must be generated for a specific reason?

Regards,

wpm-ok
  • It is very similar to the imap_open() function error message. (I'm guessing that OST is displaying it a little differently)

Try creating a file on your server like below (note customize it for your connection information).

<?php

$user=\"\";
    $pass=\"\";
    $imap = @imap_open(\"{mail.domain.com:143}INBOX\", $user, $pass);
    ?>

Does that generate the same error?

actually maybe its a tls issue... in that same script try

{mail.domain.com:143/imap/notls}

And let us know what happens.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I do not have the much technical knowledge so cannot try what you have recommended.

I am disappointed and I unfortunately have decided to select a completely different solution as I had such a fundamental issue with osTicket and getting it working (this was not the only issue).

Thanks for your help in any case.

Regards,

wpm-ok
  • Invalid login. Check POP settings
    Fetching Email via IMAP or POP   
    Too many login failures
    Status      
    Hostname   
    Port Number   
    Mail Box Protocol  

what did i go wrong?
This discussion has been closed.