Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Multi Companies - RELEASE

Multi_Company Support - v0.1 © 2012 tomt @ adslweb.co.uk ©

PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF ANY EXISTING FILES AND DATABASES BEFORE YOU USE THESE FILES.
I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY ERRORS HOWSOEVER CAUSED.

I'm releasing this as a free set of scripts, with no warranty etc.

A simple README.TXT file has been included that should explain what is needed. This is a complete build and not an update to an existing installation.

I will look at adding a set of code updates, but I don't have the time for that as yet.

PayPal Donations are always welcome and can be made to [email]paypal@adslweb.co.uk[/email]

The zip file can be downloaded from HERE
All Comments are welcome, I will try to reply and help as time allows :)

Comments

• Can you give us an overview of what exactly this is? Otherwise we can only make guesses based on the title "Multi Companies".
  • Is this code based on 1.6 ST?
  • @GUY - yes this is based on 1.6ST

@scottro I wrote this to full fill my specific requirements.
    I was going to offer support to system resellers. They in turn would offer support to their clients. So I would be the ADMIN, they would be Staff assigned to Companies.

Their clients would be assigned to the correct company. As the client logs tickets, the relevant company staff would see just their tickets. As ADMIN I would see all tickets and could reply to any.

The Company staff could only reassign tickets to staff in their own company or to the ADMIN.

That's it..

You could also use this with One company, just tiso have the ability for clients to log in etc !
  • user registration

Is there a way for users to directly register without the need for an admin to do so?
  • this looks great, but the passwords in the readme.txt file don't work (except the first 2, but i need admin).

tks
    -r
  • Hello,

It works but I have the same problem, the passwords in the readme file doesn't work, could anyone help ?
  • The passwords work you have to run the SQL file query into your existing DB making sure you rename the Parts relating to your DB name...

The one thing thats not working, is i have my install of OST in a sub folder called /support

This only seems to like being in the root of the website as everytime when logging in the files remove the /support/ and jump back to the root of the website... how can i keep my OST files in the support folder and then browse to
    www.website.com/support/

Thanks
  • Figured out that there is some relative paths ../ in the code left in, and now it works, woyld be nice to add this functionality to it:

http://osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26654#post26654

And also some drop down boxes and extra fields to the user input screen.

Is this possible tomt, i would be up for a paypal donation if you could do this ?
  • @tomt, thank you for this amazing mod!
    Is it possible to let usual users create ticket as it is in default version of osticket and for companies add login form in header?
  • Can we use this in osTicket-1.7.0 ?

Can we use this in osTicket-1.7.0.
    I really like feature of user & password to to create the Ticket.

pls reply me I looking this solution really.
    tomt;24963 said:

PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF ANY EXISTING FILES AND DATABASES BEFORE YOU USE THESE FILES.

A simple README.TXT file has been included that should explain what is needed. This is a complete build and not an update to an existing installation.

I will look at adding a set of code updates, but I don't have the time for that as yet.

PayPal Donations are always welcome and can be made to [email]paypal@adslweb.co.uk[/email]

• The mod was written for 1.6ST and is not compatible with 1.7ST.

You would want to contact the author directly (PM) or through his Paypal in the first post for more information regarding as to if he will be updating it to work with 1.7ST.
  • Thank you for your reply.
    I'll send PM to author.
    ntozier;40045 said:
    The mod was written for 1.6ST and is not compatible with 1.7ST.

You would want to contact the author directly (PM) or through his Paypal in the first post for more information regarding as to if he will be updating it to work with 1.7ST.
  • Hello This is really gr8 code.
    Can I use it for osTicket 1.7 stable ?
    tomt;24963 said:

• TheAudioPimp;26652 said:
    The passwords work you have to run the SQL file query into your existing DB making sure you rename the Parts relating to your DB name...
    Hi, sorry to rehash this but i've just come back to it after some time. i tried installing again today but having the same problem. cannot login at all with admin / password as per readme file. the users (tom / mark) logins work fine, but not the rest. I've imported the SQL file into my database and edited ost-config.php with the correct DB details. I'm not sure what else i'm meant to be doing....

One further question, why is this functionality not built in as standard? my clients were horrified when I tried using generic OSticket - they want to login and see ALL their tickets at a glance. Is this not something that most folk would require?

tks

-r
  • Hi Tom and everybody,

I has dowloaded and setup on my host
    Function : http://IP/scp work nomally
    But function http://IP/login-form for Client dont working
    It show mess err : "Not Found

The requested URL /login-form.php was not found on this server."
    Plz help me,