Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Auto populate new ticket fields

Hi,
I am looking at using OSticket on a Windows 2008 server that is part of an Active Directory domain. I have it running on IIS.
I am trying to get full name, email address and telephone fields on the new ticket form to automatically populate using the details held in the AD for the currently logged on user. I have seen some solutions using Apache but nothing for IIS.
Has anybody already done this or have any thoughts on how I might achieve this?
Thanks

Comments

• If I am remembering correctly, you would edit

/include/ajax.tickets.php

And have it query the AD server for the fields you want. You could utilize something like adLDAP (http://adldap.sourceforge.net/) or you could write it entirely yourself with out using a third party class.

As a side note I'm not sure that I would recommend this sort of thing unless you have the site behind some sort of authentication system or is only available internally where you work.
  • ntozier;25519 said:
    If I am remembering correctly, you would edit

/include/ajax.tickets.php

And have it query the AD server for the fields you want. You could utilize something like adLDAP (http://adldap.sourceforge.net/) or you could write it entirely yourself with out using a third party class.

As a side note I'm not sure that I would recommend this sort of thing unless you have the site behind some sort of authentication system or is only available internally where you work.
    I just noticed your reply. Thank you, I will start looking at this now and let you know how I get on.
  • Is there way to do this where you have a static user every time a new ticket is opened?  Like joeuser@helpme.com is automatically the default on each new ticket?
  • Sure.  but then you wouldn't need to query AD for any information you could staticly set it in the routine that you wrote.

Note: this thread is from 2010 and for a version of osTicket that is no longer supported (1.6)
This discussion has been closed.