Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

osTicket - barcode number generated for printing?

edited October 2013 in Mods and Customizations
Dear All,

I want to find out if osTicket do have capabilities of barcode generation – what I do mean is if a new ticket is generated with this new unique number – can this number be printed simultaneously with a small barcode printer attached to the osTicket System?

I want to use osTicket together within another system that create workflows of forms etc and I do need osTicket to be generated the number that can be printed as well – this printed barcode number will them be pasted on the registration forms of the public – with that number the public will now go to the Operational License Management Business unit and their forms will then be processed by another system ( Cuteflow – also open source) where there status will be followed then – at certain stages it will sms the public and inform them of the progress after the process is approved and the licenses is generated – it will then send a sms to the public to collect their numbers - the process is then archived and simultaneously it informs back to osTicket and then the ticket/incident is closed.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Maramk

Comments

• As for barcode creation, most people use third party contols now. Several steps you should be aware when creating barcodes. Firt, you must make sure which platform you would like to create barcode in. Second, you should know what kind of barcode you would like to create. You said you want to create barcode numbers. Many kinds of barcodes can encode numbers, such Code 39, Code 128, etc. For example, if you want to create barcode in ASP.NET using VB.NET, first you can put this on google and find such controls. Then choose a barcode type. If you do not know how to encode daa, you can read passages like this guide of barcode data encoding in VB.NET. Many sites provide this. Just make full use of Google.
  • Google Chart API has a QR Code barcode generator (no additional software installed on your server)

https://developers.google.com/chart/infographics/docs/qr_codes

Or alternatively you could utilize GD to generate standard bar codes. This appears to be a decent tutorial:

http://davidscotttufts.com/2009/03/31/how-to-create-barcodes-in-php/

If you prefer video tutorials this might help.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0AB5FA7DEF91AB58
  • edited January 2014
    Your first question,can this number be printed simultaneously with a small barcode printer attached to the osTicket System?
    I think yes it can.
    As for barcode genration, you need to know what kind of barcode you are going to generate. Then download certain kind of barcode font,barcode control or barcode generating dll. There are ways of doing so. You can also download a free demo from a third party barcode provideer and try.
  • Hi,
    As for me, I am testing the related barcode generator these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Arron