Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Installation on a "Parallels Plesk Control Panel " problems

Hi Everybody,
Not having a smooth install of osTicket (v1.7.2)

OzTicket install is one of the best I have worked on but the installer page is having difficulties connecting to the osticket MySQL database my case called "helpdesk"

I finally managed to connect using the IP address of the MySQL Server, ( ignoring the Port ? )

With this installation the scp login (Admin section) works and can be setup

I cannot get the customers Helpdesk page to display.

reading the forum indicates a number of possible solutions, namely:

a) Edit oz-config " # define('ROOT_PATH', '/support/'); " to hard-drive the helpdesk to the correct path . . . . ie remove # and change "support" to in my case "helpdesk"
b) Empty out the " table ost_session " using phpmyadmin ( NOT DELETE )
c) Edit " main.inc.php " both Hard wired and using a much more elegant fix described here : http://www.osticket.com/forums/forum/osticket-1-7-latest-release/troubleshooting-and-problems-aa/10403-patch-for-upgrade-from-1-7-0-to-1-7-1-root-web-path-issues-fix?t=16825

I have re-queried the Plesk servers helpdesk and if successful will post solution tomorrow

Is there any other solution I have missed, one link was talking about the apache2 ports that I think is the problem here

Andy
This discussion has been closed.