Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

v1.8 install and/or upgrade...getting blank pages

Hi, I've been using v1.7 for a little less then a year (love it!) and was excited to see the new customization features in 1.8 so figured I'd give it a shot but have failed miserably at either trying to upgrade or a complete a new install. I'd prefer to upgrade and keep my existing tickets, but no big deal if I have to start fresh. The problem is after uploading the files (or overwriting in the upgrade scenario), I only get a completely blank page when I point the browser to the following:

mysite.com/support/scp (when attempting to upgrade)
mysite.com/support/setup/upgrade.php
then, with fresh files, clean db:
mysite.com/support/
mysite.com/support/setup
mysite.com/support/setup/install.php

shared hosting (bluehost):
Apache version2.2.26
PHP version5.2.17
MySQL version5.5.34-log

error log:
[10-Dec-2013 10:54:53] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home6/mysite/public_html/support/bootstrap.php on line 233

other notes: using the direct download from the website (not github); tried re-downloading then uploading files in case corrupted but don't think it's that...

If there's any other info I can supply, let me know.

Thanks!
Chris

Comments

• osTicket v1.8 requires PHP 5.3+
  • Wow my bad. Guess I'll be updating my other sw tomorrow morning! Seems like I just did all this not long ago..can't rest for a minute! Thanks!