Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

osTicket 1.8 - Client not able to view closed tickets

I have installed osticket 1.8 almost a month back. It was working pefectly fine. But now suddenly my clients are not able to view closed tickets. When we select "Closed" or "Any Status" from the dropdown, it says "Your query did not match any records". Whereas I have 18 closed tickets.

Following is the error which I receive in the error Log

DB Error #1104

[SELECT ticket.ticket_id, ticket.ticketID, ticket.dept_id, isanswered, dept.ispublic, subject.value as subject, user.name, email.address as email, dept_name, ticket. status, ticket.source, ticket.created , count(attach_id) as attachments FROM ost_ticket ticket LEFT JOIN ost_department dept ON (ticket.dept_id=dept.dept_id) LEFT JOIN ost_user user ON user.id = ticket.user_id LEFT JOIN ost_user_email email ON user.id = email.user_id LEFT JOIN (SELECT entry.object_id, value FROM ost_form_entry_values ans LEFT JOIN ost_form_entry entry ON entry.id=ans.entry_id LEFT JOIN ost_form_field field ON field.id=ans.field_id WHERE field.name = "subject" AND entry.object_type="T") subject ON ticket.ticket_id = subject.object_id LEFT JOIN ost_ticket_attachment attach ON ticket.ticket_id=attach.ticket_id WHERE email.address='channelinnovation@ambujacement.com' AND ticket.status='closed' GROUP BY ticket.ticket_id ORDER BY ticket.created ASC LIMIT 0, 25] The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay ---- Backtrace ---- #0 (root)/include/mysqli.php(125): osTicket->logDBError('DB Error #1104', '[SELECT ticket....') #1 (root)/include/client/tickets.inc.php(94): db_query('SELECT ticket.t...') #2 (root)/tickets.php(79): include('/hermes/bosoraw...') #3 {main}

Please help.....

Regards,

Tapan

Comments

• Your MySQL is reporting the following error:
    "The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay -"

SQL_BIG_SELECTS is used to prevent users from accidentally executing excessively large queries. It is okay to set it to ON in your mysql config file (usually my.conf).

Out of curiosity how big is your database?
  • approx 10000 tickets
  • My webhost is not allowing me to alter the mysql configuration. Is there a workaround to this?
  • I'll point this thread out to the devs and see what they think.
  • Thanks..
  • any news on this?
  • This thread is from almost a year ago and a non-current version of osT.  I doubt it.
  • yeah, that was a bit of necromancing on my part.

For anyone investigating this DB error 1104 on a shared host where you cannot alter your my.cnf, the issue is reported an on github here: https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket-1.8/issues/1532
  • NECROMANCER!!!!  :)
    [for the record I really appreciated your response and it made me smile.]

I'm going to close this thread since it is so old.
    Please continue this conversation in the thread that @jayvines linked. 
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.