Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Auto-reject emails not already assigned to a ticket?

I want to force people to use the web portal to submit a new ticket, because I want them to fill out the help topic and other mandatory information themselves.. However, I do want them to be able to reply to the automated emails that get sent out when we post comments on their tickets, and I want those replies to tag themselves to the ticket.  

Is there a way (without modifications to source) to auto-reject emails that are not tagged to an existing ticket, so a new one doesn't get created?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• I figured out a workaround... Setup an email filter, and auto-reject anything that doesn't have a specific text string I specified [TECHEMAILSUBMISSIONOVERRIDE].  Apparently this filter won't apply to responses to existing tickets, which is a good thing, as I don't have to modify all of the templates to include that text string.
  • Good work around.  Thanks for posting your solution here.  Hopefully someone else who has a similar issue will see this and it will help them. :)
This discussion has been closed.