Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Add Company instead of Add User

We are a smaller company using this software. Actually I just finished up installing it. So far, it's pretty awesome. I would like to know, when you create a  new ticket you have to add a User or find out. Instead of forcing to add user or company, is their a way to do the same thing company?

Also, I added the company name field in the ticket template, is there a way to make this field searchable when your trying to search for a user/company?

Comments

• Hello,

During ticket creation > IF* member do not exist before or never have open ticket then it would be created at first ticket opened by the client/visitor or opened by you.

Yes the field is searchable, you are able to search with name of whom submitted ticket , use their email , phone number etc.

Hope this help you, I AM not Osticket folks just trying to help you as a user of Osticket
  • If you add a field (like company) in Admin panel -> manage -> forms -> Contact Information.
    You can search for it using the search box.