Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Purge Log - Suggestion and request

Hello,

Is it possible to add in a next release a button to purge all the syslogs?
It is possible to delete a few ones by using the web SCP, but not everything in one click.

As I do not want to give access to the DB to all the admins, I would like to know if it is possible to provide them this feature.

About the same topic, can I delete all the syslogs of the syslog table without breaking anything?
Tagged:

Comments

• Precision my version is 1.8.1
  • Q: Is it possible to add in a next release a button to purge all the syslogs?
    A: Shut off logging and run cron?

Q: It is possible to delete a few ones by using the web SCP, but not everything in one click.
    A: yes.  tick the few you want to delete and click "Delete Selected Entries"

Q: As I do not want to give access to the DB to all the admins, I would like to know if it is possible to provide them this feature.
    A: Huh?

Q: About the same topic, can I delete all the syslogs of the syslog table without breaking anything?
    A: Probably. I would make a backup of the table first though just in case it doesn't break something.  I do not think that it will though.
  • alex_del: Is it possible to add in a next release a button to purge all the syslogs?
    ntozier: Shut off logging and run cron?
    alex_del: What do you mean?

alex_del: It is possible to delete a few ones by using the web SCP, but not everything in one click.
    ntozier: yes.  tick the few you want to delete and click "Delete Selected Entries
    alex_del: Only possible to tick 25... Not everything

alex_del: About the same topic, can I delete all the syslogs of the syslog table without breaking anything?
    ntozier: Probably. I would make a backup of the table first though just in case it doesn't break something.  I do not think that it will though.
    alex_del: will try that

• alex_del: Is it possible to add in a next release a button to purge all the syslogs? ntozier: Shut off logging and run cron? alex_del: What do you mean?

Go to Admin panel -> Settings -> change your settings for:
    Default Log Level
    Purge Logs
    Then run cron.php (or enable auto cron on staff activity)
    Note: I've never tried to do this, but presume it should work.

alex_del: It is possible to delete a few ones by using the web SCP, but not everything in one click. ntozier: yes.  tick the few you want to delete and click "Delete Selected Entries alex_del: Only possible to tick 25... Not everything

Correct.  If you are looking to delete everything then you can start a new database in mysql, point osT to the new DB, and re-run setup.
  • Ok thank you you can close :)
  • You're very welcome. :)
This discussion has been closed.