Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

No email piping

Hi everyone.

I have tried to set up email piping by  following this 

All I get is an email error "Mailer-Daemon@server.cleardesk.co" and piping not working

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/clearde3/public_html/sable/support/api/pipe.php

My question is where do I begin to debug - I have looked at php error logs & nothing.

Do any of you helpful folk have any idea where OS Ticket log files may be or where to start with this?

Thanks in advance - 

Daily Oliver  

Comments

• /../pipe.php set to 0755
  • osTicket generally logs to the php error log (since its a PHP application).  Alternatively it also tries to log internally also. Admin panel -> Dashboard -> System Logs.
  • Thanks a lot for your reply ntozier - I checked the System Logs and this seems encouraging. I had to make it mandatory for a phone number to be entered - any idea how I may get around this without disabling the phone number check e.g. pass the telephone via the pipe?  - Many thanks, Daily Oliver.

API Error (400)

Unable to create new ticket: validation errors:
    phone: Valid phone # required
    err: Missing or invalid data - check the errors and try again

Log Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:24pm IP Address:
  • You would have to set a default phone number in the script itself. 

I think that you could do that by editing /include/class.api.php
    in "class ApiEmailDataParser" in "function fixup($data)"
    circa line 428 add:
    if(!$data['phone'])
         $data['phone'] = '1011011001';
    I have not tried or tested this... so its a guess. :)  But it should at least point you in the right direction.
  • That sounds sensible - I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion, it's very much appreciated :)
  • Very welcome. Let me know how you make out, I'll leave this thread open for now.