Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Import Tickets from other Solution

Hi All,

I've installed OSTicket and I'm very impressed with it's abilities thus far. We currently use a system called Request Tracker for our ticketing needs, and I was wondering if there is a way of exporting and importing tickets into the OSTicket system easily?

I've done many Google searches, and I've scoured this forum to no avail.

Thanks,
Jake!

Comments

• Hey @JakeBloomfield,

I'm not aware of any publicly available (user rolled) way to do what your asking.  I think that your best bet would be to contact the folks over at: osTicket Customization Services.  Services like this are what helps keep osTicket funded and alive.
  • I thought that would be the response I would get..

Thanks.
  • Sorry I couldn't offer you more than that. 

If your any good with PHP/MySQL you could probably roll your own converter/importer script.  Presuming that you can get to your old data easily that is.
  • Apologies for my harsh comment. I appreciate your response.

The data from the older system we have can export tickets into CSV en masse, so it should be too hard to do an import.

Cheers,
    Jake
  • That sounds like a great place to start. :)  I'm going to close this thread, but if you have any future questions please feel free to start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.