Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Supported variables - Official list

edited April 2014 in General Discussions
Hello,

Is-there anywhere a full official list of the supported variables for the email templates for v1.8.1.2?
I tried for instance recipient.email and it is working fine but it is not listed anywhere (or I did not find it).

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• The only list that I know of is the one that I compiled at:
    http://tmib.net/osticket-1802-email-template-variables

Please let me know if you find any that no longer work (or ones that aren't there).  There should be a new list forth coming at some point, but work on 1.8.2 is higher priority atm.
  • Thank you for that. I found your list previously but did not find what I was looking for.
    For instance, we can use %{recipient.email} that is not in this list.
    I am sure there are a few other ones. Is your list official or you did it by yourself and post it?

If it is an unofficial, I think that it can also be a good investment to list everything that we can use. But how to that? it is certainly somewhere in the code, I will try to have a look on that.
  • I compiled it myself and since I'm not a dev that would make it rather un-Official. :)

Chances are all the ticket.X probably also work with recipient.X prefixes but I haven't gotten around to testing them. recipients.X was added with Collaborators iirc.
  • add %{ticket.thread.original} to this list which is super useful.
  • really nice thanks for the tips.
  • Let me say : FABULOUS it answer to another topic I opened I will make an update with your information Jaehdawg
  • I've updated the post with: %{ticket.thread.original}
    Thank you for posting that here, not sure how I missed that one since I actually have suggested it to people in the past! /facepalm