Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

SMTP working in Thunderbird, but not from osTicket

I am configuring SMTP for specific mail

Status - enabled
SMTP Host - the host
SMTP Port - 465
Authentication Required - yes

When I press save it says
Failed to connect to host:465 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]

In the same time I can connect through thunderbird and send mails through there. I can also telnet to the host:port and see that it is open.

Is there anything more I should look for?

Comments

• osTicket (v1.8.1.2)

• Are you running Thunderbird / telnet-ing from the same computer that osTicket is running on?  Because if you are not it not a good test.  The error specifically says "Connection refused", which generally means there is a firewall in play that is blocking the traffic, or the remote server has not been configured to allow access from the server that is running osTicket.
  • Well since the osTicket is running on the same server as the SMTP, I suppose this is causing the problem. I will forward this to the hosting providers and will try to come back with more information
  • It was a configuration on the hosting provider site. It is all working now. Thanks