Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Http undefined

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the css trick that stopped IE from crashing.

One more thing, however, as soon as I logged in to the scp, I always have this javascript error telling me that "Http" is undefined. When I looked at the javascript files everything seemed fine, though I don't understand how you call the same variable (in this case, Http) set in ajax.js from the others without getting in trouble of losing it somehow.

Please explain this to a beginner programmer.

Cheers!

Philippe

Comments

• I got the same Javascript error in IE 7, saying 'Http' not defined.

Any ideas?

It seems not to appear in FireFox
  • 4ice;404 said:
    I got the same Javascript error in IE 7, saying 'Http' not defined.

Any ideas?

It seems not to appear in FireFox
    This is with RC2?
  • peter;405 said:
    This is with RC2?
    Yep, osticket_1.6.rc2...
  • strange, I cannot duplicate your problem... I just upgraded to RC2 this morning and everything seems fine in IE7. Did you do the upgrade or was this a fresh install?
  • DackR;411 said:
    strange, I cannot duplicate your problem... I just upgraded to RC2 this morning and everything seems fine in IE7. Did you do the upgrade or was this a fresh install?
    It was a fresh install, but I must say that I have more problems with it...

Going to "Admin Panel" gives a blank screen. :(
  • 4ice;412 said:
    It was a fresh install, but I must say that I have more problems with it...

Going to "Admin Panel" gives a blank screen. :(
    I've sent you a PM with my email address. If you would like to contact me there, I can help you further.
  • Hi,

I am also facing the same problem where IE7 indicates 'HTTP' is undefined at the administrator page. However, loading the same page using Mozilla does not have the same problem. It seems like a browser incompatibility issue.

Any advice on this?

Thanks!
  • This bug is fixed now.

See http://www.osticket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132 for more information to fix it yourself. You can also wait for the new release.
    cheong999;740 said:
    Hi,

I am also facing the same problem where IE7 indicates 'HTTP' is undefined at the administrator page. However, loading the same page using Mozilla does not have the same problem. It seems like a browser incompatibility issue.

Any advice on this?

Thanks!