Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

[resolved] Upgrade for V1.6 to V1.8.1.2

Hi

I have a version 1.6 of OsTicket running which I have tried to upgrade. I've uploaded the files to my webserver and then logged in.

The upgrade wizard comes up which I have followed through. However it tells me it has encountered and error and aborts.

The system is still online but still says there is an upgrade pending when I log in.

When I check the system logs I get the two error messages:

DB Error #1146

[SELECT `ost_form_entry`.* FROM `ost_form_entry` WHERE `ost_form_entry`.`object_type` = ? ORDER BY `ost_form_entry`.`sort` ASC LIMIT 1] Table 'osticket.ost_form_entry' doesn't exist

---- Backtrace ----
#0 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\mysqli.php(285): osTicket->logDBError('DB Error #1146', '[SELECT `ost_fo...')
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(873): db_prepare('SELECT `ost_for...')
#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(933): MysqlExecutor->_prepare()
#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(373): MysqlExecutor->getArray()
#4 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(413): ModelInstanceIterator->fillTo(0)
#5 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(322): ModelInstanceIterator->offsetGet(0)
#6 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(136): QuerySet->offsetGet(0)
#7 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.company.php(27): VerySimpleModel::lookup(Array)
#8 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.company.php(64): Company->getForm()
#9 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\staff\footer.inc.php(3): Company->__toString()
#10 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\upgrade.php(88): require('C:\Program File...')
#11 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\staff.inc.php(118): require('C:\Program File...')
#12 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\admin.inc.php(16): require('C:\Program File...')
#13 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\upgrade.php(16): require_once('C:\Program File...')
#14 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\staff.inc.php(118): require('C:\Program File...')
#15 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\autocron.php(18): require('C:\Program File...')
#16 {main}




and

 DB Error #1146

[SELECT `ost_form_entry`.* FROM `ost_form_entry` WHERE `ost_form_entry`.`object_type` = ? ORDER BY `ost_form_entry`.`sort` ASC LIMIT 1] Table 'osticket.ost_form_entry' doesn't exist

---- Backtrace ----
#0 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\mysqli.php(285): osTicket->logDBError('DB Error #1146', '[SELECT `ost_fo...')
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(873): db_prepare('SELECT `ost_for...')
#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(933): MysqlExecutor->_prepare()
#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(373): MysqlExecutor->getArray()
#4 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(413): ModelInstanceIterator->fillTo(0)
#5 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(322): ModelInstanceIterator->offsetGet(0)
#6 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.orm.php(136): QuerySet->offsetGet(0)
#7 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.company.php(27): VerySimpleModel::lookup(Array)
#8 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\class.company.php(64): Company->getForm()
#9 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\include\staff\footer.inc.php(3): Company->__toString()
#10 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\upgrade.php(88): require('C:\Program File...')
#11 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\staff.inc.php(118): require('C:\Program File...')
#12 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\admin.inc.php(16): require('C:\Program File...')
#13 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\upgrade.php(16): require_once('C:\Program File...')
#14 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\staff.inc.php(118): require('C:\Program File...')
#15 C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.3\apache2\htdocs\osticket\scp\autocron.php(18): require('C:\Program File...')
#16 {main}

From what I can tell it looks like a field and a table out of the database.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Andy

Comments

  • I managed to get around these error messages by reverting to version 1.6 and redoing the upgrade from scratch but this time stepping through version 1.7 before going to 1.8

    A bit of googling showed that there was an issue to do with the upgrades (particularly the adding of the table in the above error message) and the only way round was to step through the two versions. might be helpful if this detail was included on the upgrade instructions here as this would have saved me some work as I am sure it would others!
  • It's been mentioned here on the forums at least a dozen times.
    The wiki is in the process of being upgraded (and replaced).
This discussion has been closed.