Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

New Ticket -> Search User -> Show ticket history for selected User

Hi All,

I would like to share what I'm working on and it's still Work In Progress.
I searched/googled before I started to work on this for version 1.8.1.x and could not find a hit if it was already done.  If so please show me :)

The goal is to show the support/staff a small ticket history window ( last 5 or last 10 ) after the support/staff selected a User.
It gives a view of the support/staff if an issue that being introduced was just recently created either if its open or closed.

From the ticket history window, you can view it by selecting the ticket#. (Opens it to a new window) 

Still on WIP because I want to do more within this Window.  I'm thinking having an option to Relate a previous ticket to a new ticket once you hit continue.

I will update soon after I clean it up.

Cheers

Comments

• Brilliant!  +1
  • Hope you can write this as a Plugin for 1.8, would love to have this.
  • edited April 2014
    I agree! +1

Let me know if you need any help with this (whether just testing or development).
  • Hope you can write this as a Plugin for 1.8, would love to have this.
    I can put that on the To-Do list. Thanks :)
  • I agree! +1

Let me know if you need any help with this (whether just testing or development).
    I may need help. I'll keep you posted. Thanks :)

• edited April 2014
    So, If anyone can help me out here.  I cloned the repo and ran: php make.php hydrate.
    result are errors.  

THis is just the default repo i haven't added or changed anything yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PHP Strict standards:  Redefining already defined constructor for class Option i
    n C:\wamp\www\support\include\plugins\make.php on line 11

Strict standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Option in C:\
    wamp\www\support\include\plugins\make.php on line 11

PHP Strict standards:  Redefining already defined constructor for class OutputSt
    ream in C:\wamp\www\support\include\plugins\make.php on line 98

Strict standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class OutputStream
    in C:\wamp\www\support\include\plugins\make.php on line 98

PHP Strict standards:  Redefining already defined constructor for class Module i
    n C:\wamp\www\support\include\plugins\make.php on line 127

Strict standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Module in C:\
    wamp\www\support\include\plugins\make.php on line 127
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • edited April 2014
    Hello All,

Only for osTicket-v1.8.1.2

You can now download this module. But first, please make sure to read below first before you download and read the readM3.txt from the zip file.

This module outputs a list of previous tickets after a user/client is selected from User Lookup window.  Default 9 last tickets to be shown, both close or open status.  

PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE YOU CONTINUE.  I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU MADE OTHER CHANGES ON YOUR 'user-lookup.tmpl.php' OTHER THAN THE STEPS FROM readM3.txt.  I WILL PROVIDE HELP IF UNSURE WHAT TO DO.  ALSO READ THE :::: NOTE ::::  section

Zip file contains 5 files: 3 png files, 1 php and a readM3.txt
    The 3 png files are the visual for Step 5, 6 and PREFIX needs to be changed as per ::: NOTE ::: section.
    I tried to attach the image file here but it's not showing. :(

Do not extract the files in your web folder.  Extract the files somewhere else. ie. Desktop, Download folder, temp, etc.

Download here:  mod_ticket_history.php  :)
  • edited May 2014
    May 5 2014 
    -REMOVED Removed 'Contact' column. Contact column was a Custom Form in osTicket.
    If this custom form is not present in Custom Form osTicket. It will output an error "DB Error #1054" in your osTicket System Log.

Download V1.5 here :  mod_ticket_history_v1.5

If you need the Contact Column please let me know.  This is useful if an end user has an authorized assistant requesting for help on behalf of the end user.
  • edited May 2014
    OST 1.8.1.2

There are few issues I noticed:

1.  All historical info is one big line:

(image not posting for some reasons)

2. Link to ticket is incorrect:  it is using ticket number instead of ticket ID
    /scp/tickets.php?id=51  - link from Staff panel
    scp/tickets.php?id=999032  - link from History - do not work

• OST 1.8.1.2

There are few issues I noticed:

1.  All historical info is one big line:

(image not posting for some reasons)

2. Link to ticket is incorrect:  it is using ticket number instead of ticket ID
    /scp/tickets.php?id=51  - link from Staff panel
    scp/tickets.php?id=999032  - link from History - do not work

I'll re-review it on my test lab tomorrow and post the corrections.
  • Thanks,

if it helps to troubleshoot:

looks like data is displayed like

ticket# (with link) | Issue Summary | ticket# (no link) | issue summary | ticket# (no link) | issue summary |.....

and like that 9 times total.

• Thanks, if it helps to troubleshoot: looks like data is displayed like ticket# (with link) | Issue Summary | ticket# (no link) | issue summary | ticket# (no link) | issue summary |..... and like that 9 times total.
    I found the error and made the changes.  Thank you :)
    I sent you a message to test the new file before I can share it again.  

• Update.   mod_ticket_history_v1.7

May 13 2014 
    -CHANGED Changed $row['number']; to $row['ticket_id']; line 86
    -CHANGED  Changed from substr to strip_tags   lines 92 and 94

If you run to any issue please let me know.  :)  Cosmetic or table issues
  • Works without issues on 1.9 final.

• Works without issues on 1.9.1

line number to insert <?php include('mod_ticket_history.php'); ?> is now ~ line 54
  • Works without issues on 1.9.1 line number to insert is now ~ line 54
    Thanks for the update :)

I'm still making changes on osTicket-v1.8.1.2