Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Editing Ticket Information/ Issue Summary

This is my first post here so be nice please :)-.
I have edited /include/client/open.inc.php and fixed a few things I needed but am not sure what or how to do the next step. So here we go!
1.) Issue Summary: I believe this is required and not able to be removed from osticket. Is it possible editing the actual name this uses. For example: "Ticket Information" (Issue Summary, Issue Details). Instead of " Issue Summary", could I change the verbiage to something like, "explanations", "summary", "Please explain your request" or something else etc...

2.) And if it is editable, is this possible to have it change/be different throughout each of my "Ticket Issues" or forms?

Using v1.8.1.2image

Comments

• You can change what those are called (aka the label) by going to Admin panel -> Manage -> Forms -> Ticket Details
  • Oh my goodness... I have been searching and searching for this... I guess I was looking in the wrong place! Thank you for your help!
    P.S. 
    Do you know when the next update is coming? 
  • You're very welcome. :)

I've been told that the next version will be out "next week" but that was late last week.  So, the best answer I can give you right now is "soon".  :)  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Friday or early next week.
  • That is great to hear! I am hoping to roll this out in the next few weeks. I have been editing and customizing this for about 3-4 weeks now. I could really use LDAP Authentication. I am hoping this comes in the next update.
  • LDAP for staff already exists.
    The next version will indeed have LDAP for users.
  • LDAP for users is what I need :) Thank you for your great help and support! 
  • Glad to be of assistance.  I'm going to close this thread, but please start a new one if you have another comment/question/etc.
This discussion has been closed.