Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Email Address without "@"

Hi all.
I was able to remove the "user lookup pop-up".
Now what I want to do is to be able to enter a value in the fields that suppose to go the email address, but with adding the "@" character.

For example:
If I add "@example" is ok, what I want to add is "example"and I'm getting the "invalid email error" message.

I want to do this because I want to maintain the unique structure of the email but without an email.

If I did not explain myself correctly, please let me know.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Admin panel -> Manage -> Forms -> Contact Information -> Email Address, click Config.  Change validator.

For the record this is a REALLY bad idea, and will have unforeseen consequences.
  • Hi ntozier.
    I'd change the Validator to "none", log-out and login again and is still saying that is not a valid email address. Which file make the validation?

Regards,
    Federico.
  • I imagine that it would be in /include/class.validator.php but I'm not positive.
  • I found what I was looking for:

Is in the file call "class.ticket.php"

if (!$vars['uid']) {
                //Special validation required here 
                if (!$vars['email'] || !Validator::is_email($vars['email'])) <== this if clause is the one that validates
                    $errors['email'] = 'Valid Email required';

if (!$vars['name'])
                    $errors['name'] = 'Name required';
            }