Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Collaborator emails somtimes dont work

I am having a random/intermittent issue with the emails that are sent to collaborator's on tickets. The link at the bottom of the email is sometimes broken. The user receives a blank page in Firefox, or a "The website cannot display the page" in Internet Exploiter. I enabled the error display in bootstap.php and I get this error;

Fatal error: Call to a member function getOwnerId() on a non-object in /var/www/osticket/include/class.client.php on line 133

This doesn't happen in all instances. I had a user with this issue yesterday. I had them forward the email to me for testing. I then had someone comment on the ticket again so that it would generate another email. The email sent a link with a different "auth" token. This new auth token worked (same ticket).

Perhaps there is a expiration on this auth token?
I couldn't find a corresponding auth token in the database. Looking at the code, these seem to get salted, so that would make sense why I cant find it. I quickly got lost in the code...

Any help is appreciated.

osTicket (v1.8.1.2)
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
Apache/2.2.22
PHP 5.3.10

Comments

• One last bump before I just let it go...
  • Out of curiosity... are the collaborators that you are having issues with also staff?  Collaborators are not supposed to be staff.  There will be a staff version added later.
  • Yes they are. Perhaps that is the reason why the auth token don't work. I will dismiss it for now, unless a client/user encounters the issue.