Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

New Ticket and New Message Alert Emails Are Blank

Hi All, 

I have spent some time looking through the forum for this subject but did not see it. 

My installation is:
osticket v8.1.1.2
Apache/2.2.15(CentOS)
PHP 5.33
MySQL 5.1.69
PHP Extentions: gdlib, imap, xml, json, gettext

During my testing, when I open a new ticket I do receive an email notification (as expected) that there was a ticket created from USER [#12345][Subject]. I also receive notification emails (as expected) when I update a ticket.  While I can see the subject in the header, the body of these emails are completely blank in my Outlook client. 

Any ideas would be helpful. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• I've pointed out this thread to the devs.

But also I wanted to mention that I do not have this problem with both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2013.
  • Thank you for mentioning it to them. I will see if I can test with Outlook 2013. 

I have also found that after a ticket update made by the support staff, an email is sent to the user who opened the ticket. 

The email says that an update has been made, click the link to see the whole ticket thread, but the link is blank. This is only after ticket updates from staff.

Thanks. 
  • @ntozier,

I just upgraded to the latest osticket, version 1.9.0, and this is still an issue with outlook 2010. Will this issue be fixed? 

Its not a huge problem, as I can browse to the site to check out the information, but it is inconvenient to get new message and update alert emails that are blank. 

Looking forward to your reply. 
  • It works for me, but I hear that some other people have had a similar problem.  One solution might be that the encoding.  See this thread specifically the post by Lenikster that might work for you:
    http://www.osticket.com/forum/discussion/77309/resolved-osticket-1-9-poor-html-handling#latest

Rumor has it 1.9.1 will be released later today to address some bugs and may also help you.
  • I followed that thread and implemented the following:
    The email problem is the age old Base64 encoding issue.  This is a fault of the include/class.mailer.php.
    Line 151 needs to be changed from
            $mime = new Mail_mime("");
    to
            $mime = new Mail_mime("\n");

Now the "new ticket" email has information in the body which is a success. However, more testing shows I am not longer receiving ticket update messages if a ticket is updated. I will wait untiltomorrow if 1.9.1 comes out then and install it. 

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Thank you.
  • 1.9.1 was released last night.  I hear that the email fix doesn't work for everyone so it was not included in 1.9.1 and that the devs are still working on the problem.
  • Thank you for the update. I will wait for 1.9.1.something!

:)