Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

An issue with making an inital post to a ticket

Version v1.6 (there is no option for 1.6)

I will be upgrading soon but an issue with my current live 1.6 system has happened recently. We employ a third-party to manage our first line support and sometimes an initial post is being made to a ticket but the "isanswered"and "lastupdated" fields are not being updated. This means that the ticket is shown as unanswered. Is there anyway that a ticket can be updated without logging onto the osticket interface. The third-party do not have access to the underlying database.

Thanks

Comments

• moving thread to 1.6 section of the forums.
    1.6 is no longer actively supported, you should probably upgrade.
  • So where do I find responses to my query.

I will upgrade but as you know, doing so from 1.6.x to 1.8.x is no easy business, particular when we have several bespoke fixes. I can do a test upgrade and implement my bespoke changes but, when I do the final upgrade I will have to repeat the procedure over again since the underlying database contents will have changed.
  • Seeing as you replied to the thread I would guess that you can answer the question about where you will find responses. :)