Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Store Attachments to Network Storage

Has anyone been able to store attachments on network storage?

I tried to leverage the storage-fs plugin to allow me to do this, but it won't let me use a network location, even if it's mapped.

This may be a limitation of the plugin and/or system, but I figured there ought to be some way to do it if you can save to Amazon S3 with the storage-s3 plugin.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• can you map/mount the network storage using the local file system on the machine and use the local path?
  • I tried that but was unsuccessful.

I mapped a network drive as K:\, made sure the folder I wanted was available and the machine had appropriate permissions to it, and then put that string in the storage-fs plugin configuration page (K:\Tickets) for example.

This was not successful, and I received a message saying, "Path does not exist".  I also attempted to use the UNC address to the directory, but that failed as well.

• schmidt I am in the same situation.

You would assume that the location wouldn't matter as long as the system has permission.

If there isn't a resolution for this I might just save the files inside the web server file system and have a bat file move anything in the folder to the network location.