Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

Language pack installation

Hi everyone. I have trouble with language pack installation. I've installed osTicket-v1.9-latest and then I uploaded the phar file into i18n folder. Then in My Preferences menu the language was listed. When i select it, nothing happens, so I think the phar file wasn't extracted at all, what can be the reason?

Comments

• Go to the Admin panel.
    mouse over any of the ? and see if its displayed in the language you installed.
    If it is then its working fine.  Translation integration is not completed, and is only in Phase II of being completed. It's also why we do not advertise where to get the language files, because its taking longer than expected.
  • on any of the ? it's still written in english
  • Then you either have not installed the language pack properly, or activated it, or your PHP is not configured to use .phar files.  You should consult your PHP error log and see if there are any errors being reported there.
  • I have the same issue when i used the french language pack .phar file. When i mouse over the ? It's blank. When will phase 2 be completed ? Is there a dead line ?
  • is there a way to download these files and directories, not just the phar file? 
  • That's what I want also because my web hoster doesn't allow ,phar files...
  • Q: When will phase 2 be completed ? Is there a dead line ?
    A: Not at this time.  You want Phase 3 to be completed anyway.

Q: is there a way to download these files and directories, not just the phar file?
    A: Not at this time.  We actually don't really want people downloading them yet anyway, and you will have to download new ones later.
  • Is language pack working or not?
  • Absolutely not.
  • I know that translation is incomplete, but if i install should work or not?

I say that because i installed, when i select language in my preferences nothing happens.
  • No.
    You should not be using them because they will not, and do not work properly.
    They will cause problems with your installation. 
    They are not ready to be used at this time.
This discussion has been closed.