Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now

upgrading plugins?

What's the proper procedure to upgrade plugins and/or verify they actually need an upgrade?

I successfully upgraded to 1.9.1, but wanted to make sure my plugins were the latest.

Comments

• Since there is no update check for plugins atm, I suggest to just check the core plugins repo at github.com/osticket for any changes and then (or directly) download the updated plugins from osticket.com/download
  • When installing plugins, does it move files or just overwrite what's in the current plugin folder and that will work?
  • Do you have to enable / disable the plugin at all to load? For example, the storage-fs now has 2 files instead of one or does it just start using the new one?
  • I do not know if there is a correct way, but we upgraded our "http-passthru.phar" today the following way:
    - Disabled the plugin
    - Removed the old auth-passthru.phar from /include/plugins
    - Copied the new auth-passthru.phar to /include/plugins
    - Re-Enabled the auth-passthru plugin
    Can't tell you how the storage-fs or ldap auth plugins behave, so I suggest to backup everthing and then just test upgrading the plugins ;)