osTicket v1.10 (stable) and Maintenance Release v1.9.15 are now available! Go get it now
Backup and Downgrade Process?
I'm trying to run through a test trial of backing up, upgrading, and downgrading osTicket on a toy server before I implement the upgrade on my production server. I have the latest release of 1.9.1 and I have a backup of my 1.8.x installation, including the mysql database (made using Softaculous with cPanel).
Server type: Shared Lunarpages server (no SSH access)
Server management: cPanel
Software script management: Softaculous
File managers: Filezilla and cPanel File Manager
I'm relatively new to databases and shared servers, so I appreciate your patience and any help you can offer. So far, I have done the following:
- Run a backup of 1.8.x installation
- Upgraded to 1.9.1 (including automatic database migration) (successful)
- Overwrote 1.9.1 install with 1.8 data (failed to upgrade error)
- Purged everything and restored contents of 1.8 backup (failed to upgrade error)
- Purged everything in osticket, renamed database to [name]_old and migrated data from backup to new database (fatal error)
- Purged everything in osticket, used phpmyadmin to copy old database contents to new database (fatal error)
This is why we have toy servers. :) Thank you for any help you can give!